Software
Houzz Logo Print
linamarcy

Accent chair and Dining chairs - Need help

13 years ago
Attached are pictures of my living room with the area rug I have decided to buy, an accent chair I am contemplating, and two sets of dining chairs to choose from. Please help me add color to my room and create a classy, beautiful look. There is also a picture of my coffe table

Comments (25)

  • 13 years ago
    Here is a picture of my coffee table. Should I do one or two accent chairs?
  • 13 years ago
    how about some colorful accent pillows for your sofas?

    If you have that mustard accent chair, what about a throw and pillows to match?!

    Palmer Pointe Road Residence 2 Lower-Level Family Room · More Info

    Neo-Prairie Style Parade Home · More Info

    SAN CLEMENTE interiors · More Info
    Lola Lapolice thanked Nicole Lee
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think a pop of yellow from the accent chair will look great in that space.
    Also, the first set of dining chairs with the cutout backs will complement the modern aspects of the accent chair.
    For more color, perhaps you could add some bright accent pillows on the couches?
  • 13 years ago
    I am actually thinking of having the accent chair in green, not yellow.
    I like the idea of adding accent pillows as well. Cool
  • 13 years ago
    Should I do one or two chairs? Just to give you an idea of the space size, the area rug is a 8*10.
  • 13 years ago
    I like this one Darzy. Where can I buy this?
  • 13 years ago
    If you like that one then you may like the one I saw on joss & main for like $520. I think it's sold out now but they are known for recycling popular stuff in other sales.

    https://www.jossandmain.com/House*Tweaking-Sherman-Arm-Chair~RMOD1018~E7144.html
    Lola Lapolice thanked nlight11
  • 13 years ago
    Hi..Room and Board stocks that Anson chair. But, now I don't see it in the mustard color. grr
    http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=19076&catalog=filter&menuCatalog=room&menuCategory=201&menuSubcategory=206
  • 13 years ago
    I like everything you chose except for the accent chair - not a fan and think there are better options.
  • 13 years ago
    I like this dining chair that is similar to the one you chose, but the opening is more sleek.
    Modern Dining Chair | Holly Hunt · More Info
    Lola Lapolice thanked Darzy
  • 13 years ago
    I also am not a fan of the accent chair. I don't think it will age well and I suspect you'll hate it within a year. I'd go with something more classic that won't go out of style.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Marcy- I see you contacted us to purchase the rug. Here is a link for your convenience:
    http://www.rugsdoneright.com/ProductDetail.asp?SKU_ID=50262
  • 13 years ago
    Groveraxle - could I impose on you to check out the dilemma I posted for my friend and do some of your magic illustrations of suggestions that have been posted regarding curb appeal for his home? Would love you for it if you have time and inclination! It'll be on my page activity. Thanks.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think the yellow accents are a wonderful way to add a pop of color! By bringing in the color with throws and pillows, you can easily and inexpensively change the color scheme over time while keeping the main large pieces in place, such as the rug and chairs. Some people even change these elements out with the change of the seasons- deeper darker colors of rust or burgundy for the fall and winter, and lighter brighter shades like aqua or teal for the spring and summer.
  • 13 years ago
    Rug done right, I was unable to place my order from the website and, even though I spoke to a nice lady in the morning, the phone number didn't work when I called in the evening. Not sure what to do
  • 13 years ago
    Any suggestion on more classic chairs groveraxle
  • 13 years ago
    Love the very different coffee table, where did you find it.? I like the chairs with cut out back. What are your colors, and what color do they come in?
  • 13 years ago
    Depend how big chairs are to know if 2 will fit. Are you putting them facing firepl? I like your all yr picks. Good job. Oh forget what I said about what color for dining chairs.
  • 13 years ago
    Chairs will be facing fireplace. I am so excited. Table is on Amazon, overstock, mayfair furniture.
  • 13 years ago
    It might be tight for two chairs but I like that look.
  • 13 years ago
    I do like the accent chair, I hope you consider the yellow. I do think one is enough though. Having two would make it dominant rather than an accent.
    Lola Lapolice thanked Barbie
  • 13 years ago
    I think only room for one chair. Bring sofas into center more, coffee table should be no more than 18" from front of sofas. Add some mustard print pillows to sofas. Mix it up. Some mustard color pots on end of mantel. Add panels to ends of window, go soft gray.
    Lola Lapolice thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    Marcy, you asked for a more classic chair and I believe you said you wanted green. Here is one that I think would look fabulous in your room. (BTW, I apologize for just dumping the furniture, but my program won't let me reorient it.)
    Lola Lapolice thanked groveraxle
  • 13 years ago
    I wish I knew how you do this. So cool