Software
Houzz Logo Print
kimmie7803

Picture advice?

13 years ago
Do you like the picture? Too boring? Let me know your thoughts!

Comments (25)

  • 13 years ago
    Hang it 3-4" above top. I like it. Has a zen feel.
  • 13 years ago
    I like it a lot!
  • 13 years ago
    I meant lemons.
  • 13 years ago
    The real question is do YOU like the picture? Art is very personal. What I hang on my walls may be completely different than what you want to hang on your walls.
  • 13 years ago
    I love the art, very zen as said before, but maybe it doesn't match with the blue ornaments...
  • 13 years ago
    The blue accessories are not staying. What kind of throw pillows would u do with this? Yes, I like the art, that's why I purchased it. Just not sure if its drab in room.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like it…but, with not your console, I think I would like to see something more reflective of “grass roots” style…Shaker in feel.
    Horses at Rest Giclee by Patrick Wright · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Yes I like the picture too. Its very neutral as is the rest of your furnishes. You really can use any color you like for the accent pillows. I like the turquoise with the browns for a modern twist on a traditional color scheme. I'll try to post a few ideas soon.
  • 13 years ago
    I like your art work - the brown trunk goes well with the console and couch - however the leaves/top of the tree blend in a bit much with your wall color and the picture as a whole becomes more difficult to focus on. Since you like it and if you keep it, I would suggest hanging it rather than setting it on the cabinet...hanging it would help it stand out more.
  • 13 years ago
    anyone of these pillows could make a nice jumping off point to build off of....
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like the art, but think your console is too short for that wall. I'd get a longer one, hang the art, find a more interesting lamp, and perhaps a teal accent more muted than the ones you have.

    Drapes would finish the room.
  • 13 years ago
    I hate its to khadliby
  • 13 years ago
    Margirita
  • 13 years ago
    From a distance all I'm noticing is the trunk and branches, but in person I'm sure there is more to it that gets noticed.
  • 13 years ago
    Love the picture. Put it against a darker wall and watch it pop. Raise it, yes. You can choose a shade from the painting or from your new accent pillows to tie it together.
  • 13 years ago
    Maybe you could hang the pic to the left about 8 inches from the top of your entertainment piece, and replace your lamp with a more modern and taller lamp. The lamp would then go on the right side of your entertainment piece. I would also clear everything off your entertainment piece except maybe your books and orb. They would go on the left side of your piece. If you do go more contemporary with your lighting, you'll need to get a taller lamp for your side table as well. I like your picture.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like the picture but I would go a different colour on the wall paint to make it pop .
    In the Tropics Paint · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    The room is dark. Adding drapes in a warm color and adding some lights in the ceiling, if possible, would take you a long way.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Nice picture but a better choice would be one that can be hung horizontally. Everything on this wall is vertical (windows, tall lamp), even the subject of the picture is vertical. If you are going to eliminate the blue accessories put them inside the cabinet for a little color.
  • 13 years ago
    I like it, very interesting to look at...
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for ideas!
  • 13 years ago
    Nice picture...looks good with console. Needs a frame to give it a little more substance if going on that large wall by itself. Might want to rethink your overall furniture placement and room usage though, as I'm unsure what purpose the console serves in its current placement.
  • 12 years ago
    The walls are tall. I'm worried a horizontal one will look to short. Mirror?
  • 12 years ago
    Any other ideas?