Software
Houzz Logo Print
mandybeck

Love this kitchen!!!!

12 years ago
I am in the process of picking colors for my kitchen remodel. I would love to know what you used on the counters, cabinet color and flooring info! Thanks!!!!!
Golf Club Renovation · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 12 years ago
    Cheryl, thank you so much for your answer! Do you think I could achieve this look with super white granite? I was planning on using honed black but I'm questioning that decision after researching. It seems that people have a lot of problems with it. I'm also using sw paint. Considering using Dover white for cabinets and having them color match bm tranquility for wall and possibly for the beadboard. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!!!! I wish you lived by me!!!!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks Mandy, That sounds lovely. I agree the black would be really heavy and if you like the feel of this kitchen, you would not be happy with the results. Keep it light. Go with the super white!!!! Take care, Cheryl
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Cheryl, I have looked at thousands of kitchens and none have captured my attention as this one has. It is exactly the look and feel I want to create in my home! I also wish you lived near me as I am doing this on my own. We live on the water and have slab foundation and therefore must use engineered flooring. Having such a hard time trying to find one that looks like this or similar in color. Are there any you would recommend? I will also be making the island a medium brown stained cabinetry but go back and forth as I love what you have done here. The granites I am looking at are white spring and dolce vita as I have not come across the Supreme white or Princess white and a rectangular tumbled travertine as a backsplash. I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you so much for the time you invest in responding to your followers, we truly appreciate your kindness and knowledge.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi, Thanks for your really kind comments!!! I always tell my clients that if something keeps catching their eye time, and time again, then that is where their true love is. Follow that instinct, not what the media tells you is the trendy thing to do. Trends come and go, but what do you care…….. if you walk into your home and feel it embrace you. Coincidentally, I have been looking for engineered flooring that captures the feeling of real reclaimed hemlock. Take a look at these companies for hand scraped engineered flooring:
    Bass Lake Saw Mill or Floors by Design in Barrie Ontario
    Also, don't forget to install in floor heat over that slab. This will pay off big in the long run.
    For the granite, names may vary, but if it's granite and has a creamy white colour, it will work out beautifully!!! Can I suggest that you take a look at some of the beautiful ceramic tiles that are available right now in soft turquoise colours. Part of the charm of this kitchen is the bead board backsplash painted a soft turquoise.
    Good Luck!!!!!! Cheryl
  • 8 years ago

    <I also love this kitchen. Could you do a gray wall paint with that color cabinet? If so what color would you recommend?

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio