Software
Houzz Logo Print
dinit

14 years ago
What type of counter tops are these? I love them!
Farmsworth Residence · More Info

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It looks like a vein-cut calacatta marble. When it's vein cut, you can see the horizontal lines like in the photo shown.
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you!
  • 14 years ago
    How do you deal with a seam with a striated countertop like this? I love this stone, but don't know how seams would look.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    We typically try to bookmatch slabs (so that two adjoining surfaces mirror each other in appearance, thus giving the impression of an opened book). This will reduce the appearance of a seam in the countertop.
  • 13 years ago
    I've been looking everywhere for a countertop like this made of quartz. What is the brand? Is "Quartzite" the brand? I saw in a different post that it is "white" quartzite. Any more specifics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It is a natural material known as 'white quartzite.' We have found it to be hit or miss as far as vendors carrying it. What was an unusual find, seems to be rising in popularity - as more vendors have expressed interest in supplying it. In the Cincinnati area, Mees Distributors has been our local source.