Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: Favorite Cozy Material

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
It's getting colder and we want to know what material keeps you warm!

Vote for your favorite! To enter the drawing to win your very own pair of Houzz Slippers, POST A COMMENT telling us your favorite cold weather activity (share your photos too!) and you will automatically be entered into the drawing.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 10/30/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us below!

Comments (107)

• dkvhaus
    10 years ago
    Lol- blanket from Walmart!
    Seven years ago, I found a shaggy fleece (for lack of a better word) blanket, which has been discontinued- sadly. It is the warmest blanket/ cover I have ever had- no need for anything else. (That is why it was discontinued- I'll wager)
  • shilpis
    10 years ago
    My favorite is "Jaipuri Razai"(jaipur Cotton Quilt). I live in Rajasthan( India) Rajasthan encompasses the Aravalli Mountain Range and the Thar (Great Indian) desert.Throughout Rajasthan the weather can bitterly cold,specially in winters.As it is convenient to carry, it is warm and comfortable to use.
  • hille4
    10 years ago
    We have to fight the cats for the faux fur throw. They love it as much as we do!
  • Mel B
    10 years ago
    I really love my fleece blankets to keep warm. Snowboarding is my favorite winter activity. Can't wait for snow!!
  • gephillips
    10 years ago
    @wannadiferntlook I was confused also thought the thread was about favorite material to keep you warm....had to re-read the thread it also mentions favorite activity.
  • mommalisa1016
    10 years ago
    I just love snuggling up with my nice warm, fluffy down comforter!!!
  • donaldj23
    10 years ago
    My son's fleece blanket and curling up with it in the recliner after lunch when the sunbeams come in through the family room windows.. It is now about 24 years old but still snuggly warm. He didn't want to take it to college with him (might have had something to do with the bright blue, red, and green dinosaurs on it). His loss. It's mine now!
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    10 years ago
    My down duvet is a must here in Canada ! And addition to this, Melba, our 9 months old goldendoodle...she is so soft and cuddly !
  • someoneisinthekitchen
    10 years ago
    Definitely cashmere every time.
  • sknoell
    10 years ago
    I chose "other" because I really like my flannel sheets. Nothing better in the cold winter.
  • Irene
    10 years ago
    Love to take walks in the cooler weather and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Also love the fireplace idea.... To sit and listen to the crackling of the wood with a cup of hot chocolate, wrapped in one of those cozy blankets, can't wait!
  • eightpondfarm
    10 years ago
    my favorite activity is reading or writing by the fire, with dogs. my least favorite activity is schlepping water to the rams and cattle and filling up water tanks.... a 2x/day chore
  • bernucci
    10 years ago
    Nothing like bundling up and going skating on a crisp winter day. After an afternoon of zooming here and there, coming home to a steaming cup of coffee and warm wool socks makes our long winters ALMOST acceptable!
  • PRO
    Janie's Custom Homes, LLC
    10 years ago
    Collecting coats, boots and can goods for the local needy families and making lap quilts from my scrap fabric bins for disabled vets and other folk stuck in the hospital or nursing home during the holidays. My husband and I enjoy preaching the gospel and handing out Christmas cookies at the cancer patient chapel as well. These are the Blessings that warm our hearts, more so than any roaring fire or comfy cozy. Giving of ourselves and placing value on helping others is what the Holidays and cold weather goosebumps are all about. Happy Holidays!
  • avemaria
    10 years ago
    Fave winter activity- walking in freshly fallen snow.
  • decoratinglady5
    10 years ago
    Love to walk..my cat snuggles even more, cooking in my crock pot,and my Down Duvet
  • decoratinglady5
    10 years ago
    To Studio..I love your dog pic,my friend has this breed,I love to snuggle with her when I visit her.
  • crazy4french
    10 years ago
    I love visiting large public gardens in the winter, where they have fabulous conservatory displays. There's nothing better than wondering through a large glass structure where it's warm, enjoying gorgeous flowers and botanical displays while looking out at crisp white snow.
  • indianpatti
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    The fireplace ... a snuggly fur throw (faux of course!), furry pups and a steaming hot cup of cocoa or bowl of soup. Of course, it would be nice to have those Houzz slippers to keep my tootsies toasty :)
  • dkvhaus
    10 years ago
    New- model homes!! (Fav activity)
    Model Homes!!!
    Without a doubt- my favorite activity (in any weather) is perusing model homes!! (Sshh!) I pretend to be a buyer. Actually, I feel pretty guilty when the ever-hopeful salespeople try to point out the special features and plots.
    I always feel that I need to lie to them. I think that next time- I will be honest with them & save em the trouble. Will they be as nice? Hmmm... I wonder :)
  • Jolene
    10 years ago
    Flannel sheets same cover... I live on southern CA so there is no real cold weather, just when we go to the mountains.
  • candyanddave
    10 years ago
    I love cashmere to wear, but I have a woven alpaca throw that is so comfortable I even nap under it in the summer. My favorite cold weather activity is reading!
  • RuthSings
    10 years ago
    hand-made quilts, sorry - no pix, lost in last hard-drive crash.
  • emuller39
    10 years ago
    In the winter I use my blue faux fur and in the summer I use cashmere. It is all about the weight not the material.
  • marjie1059
    10 years ago
    Warmth: flannel sheets, electric blanket, and quilt handmade by my sister whose blocks feature individual plants found in the Bible.
    Activity: (I looove winter!) Playing in the snow with the kids; ice skating (not at an indoor rink, thank you!); watching the snow fall; baking; photographing recent snowfalls, kids' snow play; fragrant candles burning; and this only happened once, but during a quiet snowfall 2 years ago, I went down our hill, walked, photographed, and laid down on the ground and listened to the snow fall...yes, I could hear it fall, just a faint rustling as the flakes hit the dry leaves and branches. So cool (no pun intended).
    Btw, I am from NE Ohio.
  • keziamara
    10 years ago
    Activity: catching snowflakes on your tongue
  • jeangwl
    10 years ago
    Favorite cold weather activity: Inside on the couch with a good book, a glass of wine, and a roaring fire.
  • Kari D
    10 years ago
    This Midwest girl is all about the flannel sheets, a down comforter, and a cat curled up at the back of my knee. Sometimes two cats.
  • bumblebee728
    10 years ago
    A down-filled comforter for my bed and an all cotton quilt for the sofa. But nothing ever kept my feet warmer than having them tucked under my Lab's belly while he laid on them.
  • marls04200
    10 years ago
    Fleece blankets and a big fluffy down comforter! My cat tends to keep me warm too.
  • dbf10
    10 years ago
    this time of year, when the temps head for the single digits (Celsius), I change my cool cotton summer sheets to cozy fleece in a colour with some density to it like a sunshine yellow for example. Even a deep navy is inviting in a warm fleece texture.
  • GlennPatricia Raynard
    10 years ago
    A faux fur comforter,a cozy fireplace ,flannel night gown,fuzzy houseshoes,Hot Cocoa in a cup with marshmallows,and a Good Book to read my favorite thing to do...
  • Julie Marie
    10 years ago
    Fleece :)
  • bykyroshe
    10 years ago
    LpoiqjaчдюонЯONI Skiing
  • murphytolley
    10 years ago
    Down comforter with a duvet. It is all we have on our bed worth the bottom sheet. Love it.
  • Tom Tuft
    10 years ago
    Favorite cold weather activity: coaching my daughter's hockey team
  • acoldfishhead
    10 years ago
    a nice soft wool feels toasty warm. i love taking photos of snow covered nature.
  • orangecamera
    10 years ago
    Favorite blankets are all fleece! Favorite winter activity? Why, it's GOT to be browsing and posting on HOUZZ!
  • Teresa S-j
    10 years ago
    Favorite cozy material? Warm flannel sheets, fresh from the dryer.
    Favorite winter activity? Curling up on a chair by the fireplace with a hot cup of tea and a good book, while it snows outside.
  • PRO
    Thomas Decks, LLC
    10 years ago
    quilts and blankets!
  • Shakeela
    10 years ago
    Absolutely no TV in the bedroom.
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to Janie's Custom Homes, LLC for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have some time left to get your comments into our TV Rooms poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-tvs-everywhere-dsvw-vd~712770
  • chookchook2
    10 years ago
    Vintage Harris Tweed long coat.
  • marjie1059
    10 years ago
    I voted for the gym, but my house would never have one. It would be nice to distract myself from the annoyance of exercising, though. A kitchen TV would be more practical, I guess.
  • karennana
    10 years ago
    I live in the south. In NC, USA. My favorite winter activity is bundling up with warm clothes and a blanket and coffee while I sit on the porch in the am. Sometimes if the wind isn't too chill, on the deck at night to look at the winter stars and the moon. LOL, it gets sooo cold I can't see the stars if I breathe because of the breath fog in the cold air. So I hold my breath: the stars are literally breathtaking!
  • Nicole Lee
    10 years ago
    cashmere is always soft and warm, but faux fur definitely has a more luxurious feel!
  • PRO
    Janie's Custom Homes, LLC
    10 years ago
    Thank you, houzz!! I can't wait to slip my feet into comfort during the cold winter nights. Blessings!!
  • PRO
    Dura Supreme Cabinetry
    10 years ago
    CONGRATS JANIE!
  • mcvic3
    10 years ago
    Cotton, wool when it's cold.
  • joyce_6333
    10 years ago
    My bed has to have a good quality down comforter!

Favorite winter activity. Well, used to be skiing in my younger days. Now I love taking pictures in the snow, as long as it's not below zero.