Software
Houzz Logo Print
julie77777

Do you like Blinds.com?

12 years ago
I need 2" or 2.5" wood or faux-wood blinds for four windows. Looking at JCPenney, as returns are very easy/free, if the blinds turn out to not be what I want. But I've heard some good things about Blinds.com. Any comments, positive or negative?? May be ordering this evening. Thanks!!

Comments (16)

  • 12 years ago
    I went to Steve's. They were wonderful. However you do have to do the installation
    J Milner thanked mfwolfe
  • 12 years ago
    I'm also looking into wooden blinds. Interested to see what people say.
  • 12 years ago
    I bought 5 wooden blinds (in white) from JCPenney 6 years ago (The JCP Home brand I believe). They are 2" and have worked out well. As long as they aren't huge windows, they are fine; though I do have one on a wide window (about 42") and it is HEAVY to lift the blinds up. Most of the time, we just tilt them open or closed, so works out fine. They are still in good shape and I hope to use them for at least a couple more years. But still thinking about trying Blinds.com if I can find something on a good sale that will work.... looking for any comments.......... thanks!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I've used blinds.com and blindster.com. They both did a good job. I DIY when it comes to installation.
    J Milner thanked Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • 12 years ago
    We will definitely be doing DIY installation........
  • 12 years ago
    Take a look at Select Blinds also.
    http://www.selectblinds.com/
    J Milner thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    Most of the blinds in my house are from Blinds.com. I really like the company - no complaints. So far they have never messed up an order. Just make sure that you measure several times and double check all the entries for the order. They have sections on their site dedicated to teaching you how to measure. I installed them myself. They all came within a few days. I am a DIY'er so I like the fact that I can take my time and pick what I want with no sales pressure.
    J Milner thanked decorideas523
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for the information and tips!!
  • 12 years ago
    We used blinds.com for all of our windows in the basement (Bali cordless Roman shades). My husband said they were fairly easy to install. Since they turned out so nice, I just ordered 5 more for some of the rooms upstairs. You can order 10 free samples, but I just placed 4 different sample orders as I had a difficult time selecting the ones I wanted.
    I would recommend reading all of the reviews of the different blinds - some were great, some not so good.
    J Milner thanked Lynda
  • 12 years ago
    These posts are all very helpful. have people been buying the other brands they sell or their own brand though? I'm considering ordering faux wood and cellular in their exclusive brand because it is over a 1000 cheaper. Are there own blinds.com brand blinds just as good as the other brand names they sell?
  • 12 years ago
    Love my blinds from blinds.com. Easy install fair price. Mine are13 yrs old still look and work great.
    J Milner thanked Chris
  • 12 years ago
    Matthew - I ended up ordering "Norman" brand blinds from Blinds.com, 2" faux-wood, in white. One set has been up a couple of months. Waiting for my husband to install the other three sets. Pleased with the blinds themselves and pleased with how they turned out (they fit the window perfectly) and with quick delivery by Blinds.com (I had 3 different orders and they took about 10 days each time). Their website is very helpful re: measuring, etc. I ordered "Norman" because of a couple of good sales that I ran across on the site. Read the reviews and look at the ratings for the blinds on their website .......... extremely helpful!!!
  • 5 years ago

    So disappointed. Delivery date is over a month past promise with no confidence that will even be met. Tehre are other options.

  • 5 years ago

    Supposed to be shipped 6/19, as of 7/8, the blinds have not been shipped by shipper, yet Blinds.com has said should have been delivered yesterday. Do not buy from Blinds.com

  • 5 years ago

    Look at the blinds in Home Depot❣️I purchased these blinds from Home Depot years ago. They are white faux wood with 2 Inch slats. They are easy to clean. I have them in my bathroom windows. I have been happy with them. I even got a 10% military discount, as I am a retired US Air Force Captain.