Software
Houzz Logo Print
dwward

dimensions

12 years ago
I'd love the dimensions to this cut out and what exactly is the material to which the magnetic hooks attach? I understand it must be metal but any more detail would be appreciated. Thanks.
Saddle Butte · More Info

Comments (12)

  • 12 years ago
    Very Nice. Brilliant idea as well. I'll spare you the hook question since they seem to easy to find thanks to Kevin's suggestion. I'd like to know the approximate cost to manufacture the steel piece and if it has to be a particular gauge. What gauge did you chose?
  • 12 years ago
    Oh! And is it susceptible to rust since it's burnished?
  • 12 years ago
    Neodymium magnets and hooks that hold up to 50-pounds are available on eBay at discount prices. Just beware that their attraction to objects and each other is fierce enough to cause them to shatter.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The steel is slightly susceptible to rust if it is saturated with water, but this should not be a big concern. I have not been able to get an answer on the gauge of steel.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks, Steve and Design Interiors. I've found the magnets on Amazon as well indicating they're probably easy to find. I weighed a 12 inch cast iron skillet at 12lbs. and an 8qt SS dutch oven under 5. I don't think any mags over 20lbs are necessary. DI, very nice idea. I'll find a local custom metal shop and get an opinion unless your sub or craftsman is mailing these out. It's a feature we're definitely considering. Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    Did you ever figure out the cost for a board that size?...
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    With installation it was about $1900.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks
  • 11 years ago
    try black painted wood with screw in decorative hooks
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I have used a porcelain magnetic black board which has basically the same look but not near the $1900 cost!

    These can be custom ordered at Billboards.com, FYI

  • 10 years ago

    actually...billyboardsmfg.com