Software
Houzz Logo Print
tikabelle

How can I re-order my photos in my ideabook??

12 years ago
Hi- is there any way to re-order/rearrange the photos in an idea book? I'd like to put my "must haves" first with all the others behind in a logical order. Thanks for the help

Comments (17)

  • 12 years ago
    Hi! If you click Edit on the Ideabook, you can drag the photos into your desired positions.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    That doesn't work

  • 8 years ago
    I figured out how to move ideabook. Change it’s name like “A kitchen remodel” it moves it to the top.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Good tip Jenni. But what about moving them within a particular ideabook? Say, you want to move an image at the bottom to the top, so it shows first to my client. Edit doesn't work anymore.

  • 8 years ago

    Hi there, The ability to rearrange photos has been restored. To do so, go to your ideabook and click where you see More in the upper right side. From there, select Edit and you can drag the photos into the order you prefer. Hope that helps!

  • 8 years ago

    I can drag them but, when I let go, they just ping back into their original positions.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Now the Edit on the computer is working. It is in the top right of the screen, next to Email. Click on ...More. Edit is in the dropdown. You can drag to reorder the images.

  • 6 years ago

    i also cannot seem to re-order the photos within my Ideabook. Does this no longer work?

  • 6 years ago

    Nothing works for me either. No way to rearrange is frustrating.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Same. Cannot rearrange images and prioritize them. :\ @Houzz @Emily Hurley can you help to restore this?

  • 5 years ago

    hellooooo @Houzz this is pretty important functionality that's missing again

  • 5 years ago

    Hi again,


    This functionality is there, but is admittedly tricky.


    If you are viewing your ideabook via the web, without clicking to edit it, click and drag your photo into the new position. (I've been a little hit or miss with this myself - thus "it's tricky" - and we are talking to our team about making it easier to be able to click and drag.)


    In the app it is MUCH easier. While viewing your ideabook, tap and hold your finger on the image and drag it into the order you prefer. Hope that helps!

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks for the response, @Emily Hurley! It must be quite tricky, I still can't make it work. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.


    Are you using a different browser? Is there a specific hot spot on the thumbnail I should be trying to target? Thanks for any tips!

  • 5 years ago

    ok, thank you. i was finally able to make this work but it is definitely frustrating to "grab" the photos and actually get them to drag.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Yay! @Rebecca Wilcox, any tips you can share to help me? I'm not 'getting' it. :\


    Aha! I got it. Here are steps:


    1) Choose the {...} button in the top right of the ideabook and click "ORGANIZE"

    2) Hover your mouse over the center of the thumbnail you would like to move.

    3) CLICK + HOLD your mouse on the thumbnail, after ~ 1/2 it will 'pop'.

    4) While holding the mouse, drag the thumbnail to re-order the sequence.

  • 5 years ago

    yes i think #3 is the key. being patient and not dragging before it "pops".