Software
Houzz Logo Print
keolalani

cork floors

12 years ago
How do you like the cork on your floors and how was your experience with homelegend?
Historical Colonial in Pasadena · More Info

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Product went in fine and service was good. I like cork floors in the right room. This is a kitchen I did for a client with teenage boys and two dogs. The floor has done well against the high traffic in this house. The homeowner likes the softness underfoot, this was her request. My first choice probably would have been stone or porcelain tile, which is very hardy. Thanks for your interest. Charmean Neithart
  • 12 years ago
    Charmean - If you could have gone with your first choice of stone or porcelain tile, what type would you have chosen (attached images or weblinks would be really appreciated!)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi khernand. Thanks for your question. My first choice would have been this porcelain by Ann Sacks which I love called Lino...
    http://www.annsacks.com/onlinecatalog/program.jsp?cat=268004&coll=1630804&prg=1376804
    It looks like linen and comes in beautiful soft neutrals. I have used it before and it is a fresh, updated look and very hardy. Here is a kitchen where I used this product.
    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

    Hope that helps. Thank you for your interest. Charmean Neithart
  • 12 years ago
    I put cork in my eat-in kitchen three years ago. I love it, soft underfoot, has some noise insulating properties and does not show every speck of dirt. I used the expanko pattern, granito. It should be installed by someone experienced in cork installation and humidity must be reasonably high for a good install.
  • 12 years ago
    I was thinking of putting cork in our new build. How does it handle wheel chairs?
    Does it damage easily? Is there anywhere you would not put it?
  • 11 years ago
    I want to put this dark cork in my kitchen and great room. But someone has suggested that being dark it will show dirt and dust alot.. Do you think this is true of the color you have here? Have you seen a Walnut color in cork?