Software
Houzz Logo Print
orkide_kuleli

Day light with a porch.

12 years ago
This is a lovely house.Congrats you on the project. I love houses with porches, wrap around porches even appeals me more. I live in Turkey with four seasons and we have 4 months winter over here but also a very hot summer to cope with. My questions is having a porch like this does prevent the day light coming into the house and make inside a lot darker? thanks..
Farmhouse · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes it does. It is important to have other natural light sources. The 2 left dormers bring light into the great room with high ceiling and there are 2 windows flanking the brick chimney. See also my ranch house for a large transom-dormer above the french doors in the living room above the porch.
    Orkide Kuleli thanked Tom Meaney Architect, AIA
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you so much for making it clear for me. I will make sure that extra natural light sources are added in the plans.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Good luck