Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nouala

How do you like my console ?

nouala
10 years ago
Just put this together, how do you like it. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you very much.

Comments (37)

• condomary
    10 years ago
    It looks nice. I might use darker lamps for some contrast. Everything right on the console is the same shade, lamps, tea set. I like how the width of the console is exactly to your wall - well done !
  • tennisanyone
    10 years ago
    I think I would add a mirror if this is in your entry.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Not feeling the thing in the middle.
  • nouala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What thing? the hanging or the one on the top of the counsel?
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    What looks like a medallion
  • PRO
    Arielle and Archer
    10 years ago
    It looks very nice. Maybe a tray of some sort to anchor the tea set and a pretty painting? Great job!
  • nouala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Actualy the Medaillon is the main piece, I love it. I agree Leslie a tray would be great in the tea set. What color and shape are you thinking?
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    I like this monochromatic look. I would add a large mirror there instead of the medallion that is currently on the wall.
  • tennisanyone
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I assume this is in your entry. Take off the tea set. It is not a dining room. The medallion is small. I would add a mirror.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    The medallion looks nice, but it seems too small there. Maybe you can hang it somewhere else, where it could be better displayed?
  • Pamela Aguefigcg
    10 years ago
    I like the circular art I don't think the tea set works here maybe a large rustic bowl?
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Medallion is too small in proportion with the lamps and buffet or maybe lower it.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I agree with removing the tea set ( does not make sense) and adding a large mirror;)
  • PRO
    Kelli Kaufer Designs
    10 years ago
    A much larger round mirror instead of the medallion would be perfect. If you love the medallion, place the silver on it.
  • PRO
    Arielle and Archer
    10 years ago
    Nouala, I was thinking a square tray, possibly mirrored as in the picture below. See what you think about it. I actually think this piece of furniture in the photograph is in the entryway. And I love the framed architectural prints here as well. Have you considered framing some prints and adding them with the tray? This would help to beef it up a bit and still showcase the tray.
    Centsational girl · More Info
  • giniaginia
    10 years ago
    I like it. Maybe a mirror instead of the medallion. I love the tea set as is, Floating. Its bazaarly out of place and interests me to know the owner. :)
  • mfwolfe
    10 years ago
    I think it is restful and beautiful, and it suggests that this is a house that honors tradition. I would not change a thing.
  • Prince Todd
    10 years ago
    Medallion is gorgeous. Perhaps placed on easel and a mirror behind?
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    Agreed, a mirror could be useful if this is the entryway.
  • grobby
    10 years ago
    I like the console, but do you think it's a little too large for the foyer. Looks " squished" to the wall.
    Would work beautifully in a DR. With the top being a light color, I would add a dark object for balance.
  • PRO
    Specialty Doors
    10 years ago
    I love it
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Like it. But add a art in bold colors where circle item is make it much bigger too.
  • PRO
    Linton Hill Home Services Group Inc.
    10 years ago
    I love it, it's simple, it's modern yet vintage-glam. Yes, a tray will bring the tea set together, but it also might ruin the simplicity of it all...if anything I would place the teapot on the left and the other silver pieces on the right by the other lamp. Place the silver close to the wall near the lamps, but in-ward a little. Does that make sense? Play with what you have, it's gorgeous!
  • PRO
    Linton Hill Home Services Group Inc.
    10 years ago
    what are the vertical white lines between the cabinet doors? Is that the cabinet frame? Interesting, I've not seen cabinetry like that...or just never noticed it before. It certainly works in your space with your design. Well done.
  • C Thoman
    10 years ago
    I really like the console... in fact it is exactly what I'm looking for. Can you share where you got it or who the manufacturer is? I do like your medallion as well but have to agree with other reviews that it seems a bit small for the space. Could you use it elsewhere in an equally prominent place?
  • User
    10 years ago
    I love the console and all the things you have on it.. Try moving the tea set off-center. Then see what the medallion looks like hung a little lower. Just take it off the wall and hold it between the lamp shades. It might work out best to use just one lamp there. It may also work best if you add one more thing smaller or larger than the tea set, depending on how it looks with the placement of the medallion. A tray under the tea set may be all you need. If symmetry is important with this current arrangement and you don't want to add anything else, then leave it the way it is. It is lovely, as is your whole house!
    nouala thanked User
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    Love it. I agree the medallion is too small. How about framing it with an acrylic frame? Or a contemporary frame painted white, or even a silver leaf frame to make it larger? A tray under the tea set is a great idea.
    nouala thanked Darzy
  • Adelaide Rowe
    10 years ago
    Medallion just needs to be lowered.
    nouala thanked Adelaide Rowe
  • nouala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much to all of you for your compliments and suggestions. Her's a link to the cabinet for those interested http://www.allmodern.com/Calligaris-Seattle-3-Door-Credenza-CS-6004-2_P6-GN2065.html
  • nouala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    We are thinking to purchase this mirror and try to find a way to hung the medaillon there. What do you think?
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    So you want to buy a new cabinet, keep the medallion and add a mirror?
    nouala thanked armygirl1987
  • Monique Barrow
    10 years ago
    Love it! Don't change a thing. It's all well balanced ( although the tea set is not my style).
    nouala thanked Monique Barrow
  • nouala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'm not changing the cabinet, just buying a new mirror and attaching the medallion to it
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Oh ok sounds like a plan, post when done.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I'm glad you stuck to your guns! A new mirror will be great and everything else can stay the same! :)
    nouala thanked User