Software
Houzz Logo Print
dukeson

hate oak

12 years ago
I am looking to buy a house with oak cabinets in the kitchen. Due to budget issues I may have to keep the cabinets, how can I make them look more modern. I thought of having glass put in the cupboard doors and using very light white/beige quartz counter tops. Thank you
Coppell kitchen remodel · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Quartz is a great start, you'll need to paint the cabs, use a modern backsplash and depending on how modern you want to go you can remove your wall cabinets and just have shelves . Various wall hoods can finish the modern transformation...btw, open shelves work best if it's primarily one wall, otherwise get new doors(shaker or recessed). Good luck
    dukeson thanked USI Design & Remodeling
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for your help
  • 12 years ago
    If the subway tile and the floor tile are the same color as the one there painting the cabinets white or a shade of will make for a great modern look.