Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3572885

Where to wall mount tv

12 years ago
I am attaching my living room pictures .Pls help me here .Can I wall mount my tv above the firewall or on the wall.I have a sectional recline sofa. My wall is empty now .Iam going to paint later.Mirror above fire place will be thrown away.

Comments (25)

  • 12 years ago
    Picture from entrance
  • 12 years ago
    TV 60inch
  • 12 years ago
    One more
  • 12 years ago
    I would do the wires inside and make it invisible but the speakers are big.When u see the fire place wall structure it is not flat with other walls.
  • 12 years ago
    This is confusing me now .the other side of the room
  • 12 years ago
    Hmmm... well, if you are going to take the plunge and get an electrician involved, you may want to look into wireless speakers, or speakers built in the walls or ceiling. I know wireless speakers are not very expensive- and you can position them around the room and get surround sound. As far as the room layout, keeping the fireplace/TV together creates a single focal point and your sectional should parallel that focal point to add balance. Plus, it'll be great for TV viewing!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for reply.I didn't understand the parallel sofa point.How can I make it parallel .Did my pic help you to see the way Sofa is placed.Well I am not technical enough to understand the design ideaCan u pls explain me
  • 12 years ago
    Put TV centered on long wall. That TV is now. Then move sofa so looking at that wall push back into room. Put bold art over firepl. And paint room a dove gray. Add color to sofa with pillows. And on windows.
  • 12 years ago
    No two tones I would remove chair rail. Not working. And border.
  • 12 years ago
    I may be confused, do you have two sofas or a very large sectional?
  • 12 years ago
    Remove all oak trim. Not good. Paint one color. Remove all wallpaper also for a updated look. You don't have to hang TV on wall in fact don't just sit on media you have or get a higher one and longer to fill wall more. Think a buffet. Go a lighter wood. Your sofa is very dark lighten it up.
  • 12 years ago
    Add a much thicker and bigger mantel to firepl paint white.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for your reply.I don't have plans to change sofa or moving it .Because that sofa is big and can't fit anywhere else in room.
  • 12 years ago
    I have a large sectional sofa
  • 12 years ago
    Got it. I would still put the TV over the fireplace since you cannot move the sectional. I understand now why your TV is placed to close to the fireplace- for optimal viewing for all seating on the sectional. Getting rid of the cabinet and relocating the TV over the fireplace will open up the room a little bit. Sectionals can be limiting, but not impossible!
  • 12 years ago
    I applaud your effort at tackling wallpaper removal- what a pain and I speak from experience. Best of luck!
  • 12 years ago
    But wouldn't that long wall be so big and hard to match with any wall hangings.Any suggestions for the long wall if I am wall mounting tv over pl
  • 12 years ago
    One wall hanging wont do it. It will look lost. Do a grouping, centered on the wall. Look on houzz for ideas- and then use that format to create your own. Just make sure it is spaced appropriately and has like items. See the attached photo my firm created, yours should be horizontal, not vertical like this display.
  • 12 years ago
    You can hang tv on long wall that's good for this room
  • 12 years ago
    If i am wall mounting tv on long wall, can u pls help on picking the stands for speakers ,receivers cable.

    http://houzz.com/photos/7823663
  • 12 years ago
  • 12 years ago
  • 12 years ago
    Travisinteriors any idea for tv stands pls
  • 12 years ago
    Finally wall mounted the tv...Looking for table still ...help me on wall arts and everything