Software
Houzz Logo Print
jbgb

Fully integrated custom panel ready refrigerators?

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
I have read about built-in and fully integrated refrigerators. Does anyone know the brand names of the fully integrated refrigerators? I do not want the built-in with the compressor on the top. I have looked here but it is not easy to distinguish between the two. Thank you.

Comments (14)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Subzero allows for custom panel integration, however they are compressor on top. What is the aversion to the compressor on top?
    jbgb thanked Zone 4 Architects, LLC
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thermador, Miele and Liebherr
    jbgb thanked McCabe By Design LLC
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I have Fridgadaire fridge and freezer their commercial line with a trimkit that makes the pair look built in. I have had them for 7 years and love them they are also counter depth with only the door past the edge of the counter.Their compressor is on back bottom. I guess I am wondering what your problem is with top compressors?
    jbgb thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    True, the compressor on the bottom can raise the floor of the refrigerator/freezer, however it also forces the fridge to cool the heat produced by the compressor as it rises and works its way through the insulation on the bottom of the conditioned area. These models will not be as efficient to operate, as a compressor on top model will be, and may be more difficult to service depending on the access to the components.
    jbgb thanked Zone 4 Architects, LLC
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Sub Zero makes fully integrated refrigerators, freezers and combo units that have the compressors at the bottom.
    jbgb thanked Remick Associates Architects + Master Builders
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Well how about that...thanks for the tip on the new Subzero models! We have not seen the integrated line yet, but they are some very nice looking appliances.
    jbgb thanked Zone 4 Architects, LLC
  • 12 years ago
    The refrigerator and pantry are on the same wall next to each other. I thought the compressor on the bottom would lend itself to a better design for pantry. Wish I could find some pictures that could help me. I want the lines to look very professional and not a hodge lodge of doors.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Many higher end appliance companies make fully integrated refrigerators. Liebherr is a really good one with a great customer service department for questions and any warranty issues. I've attached a photo of my kitchen as seen from the dining room - the Liebherr can be seen on the right just past the post between the dining room and the kitchen.
  • 12 years ago
    Thant is exactly what I want. I need to put the pantry next to it. How should I design the doors on the pantry? Should it mimic the refrigerator and have deep drawers like the refrigerator? I am worried about how to utilize them.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Review your storage needs by looking at each cabinet you propose for your kitchen and deciding now what you will store in each cab, with some flexibility of course. If you undertake this exercise, I think you will find your answer.
  • 12 years ago
    Engage the services of a KD who is familiar with designing higher end kitchens. You will be spending a lot of money here, and you need the on site expert who has done this before.
  • 11 years ago

    Compressor on the bottom make the frig way too high for me--cant really use the top shelf. I was all set to buy either a Thermador or Liebherr, but dont like how high up it is. I am 5'2", and taller friends of mine have complained about the height of their new frig's. Now I am comparing between Subzero and GE Monogram because they have the compressors on the top!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Hi schifferli, I'm Sarah and I work with Sub-Zero and Wolf. I would love to answer any questions you may have about our refrigerators.