Software
Houzz Logo Print
miles_scott

Reverse board and batten

12 years ago
Hi
I really like the look of the reverse board and batten siding. It looks like the nails are placed on both sides of the boards when installing unlike traditional board and batten siding. Have you had issues with boards cracking during expansion and contraction thus far?
Mountain Residence in Maine · More Info

Comments (2)

  • 12 years ago
    Cracking has not been a problem, to my knowledge. This house is in a remote area on top of Bear Mountain in Maine and I have not been there in over a year. It is subjected to severe weather. The wood is going to move with the seasons. As I recall it's 7 1/4" wide.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Cracking has not been a problem, to my knowledge. This house is in a remote area on top of Bear Mountain in Maine and I have not been there in over a year. It is subjected to severe weather. The wood is going to move with the seasons. As I recall it's 7 1/4" wide.