GET IDEAS
pat_vanderwater

1972 bath makeover

Pat Vanderwater
Being a retired widow on a limited budget redoing this bath was a major decision. Over the years we have changed the wall paper several times, then removed the paper, removed swinging doors from the front part to the back part, changed the counter top & floors but alway decorated around the green tub and potty. We knew removing a cast iron tub would be lots of work and expense. Also the tub and tile were in PERFECT shape.
Well I finally bit the bullet and did the best I could. I had the cabinets refaced and painted, added 5 drawers, removed the wall between the front and back, put an arch in the ceiling, framed my old mirror with the arch theme, removed the fir down over the old mirror. Tiled the back part ceiling to floor, glass wall for shower, all new hardware, and a neat faucet you can't see here. I LOVE the new soaker tub. These pictures don't do it justice.