Software
Houzz Logo Print
tmassie

Cabinet suggestions?

12 years ago
Buying this house but not crazy about stain. I need help figuring out what tondo w cabinets and wall color

Comments (14)

  • 12 years ago
    Interesting choices some people make. That crown molding over the stove is glaring at me. What's your vision for this kitchen?
  • 12 years ago
    I think I am leaning towards a cream color antique glaze finish. The granite counter tops are dark.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Or paint the cabinets white.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes, I agree with Lucidos, what's going on up there? A white or ivory painted finish would open up the whole space. Also, I would recommend using colored pendants to bring some color in with the lighting
  • 12 years ago
    How about this staircAse to the bonus room?!?!? Yes that is astro turf on the walls! Lol
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Ok Tmassie now I've seen it all. That goes right up there with the toilet paper holder in the shower.

    I like your vision very much. It would be perfect with the delicate look of the kitchen.

    I'm really not liking that cabinet box at the top of the stove in the least. I would rather see a bare pipe then that. I'm sure it's covering a 6" exhaust. It makes the stove area skinny and gives a terrible weight to the kitchen. I vote to remove it and either put drywall over the pipe or get rid of the whole mess and replace it with a full oven vent with a flange.

    The very first thing I would do is pull off those doors and screw a piece of paintable 1/4" plywood over it and replace the crown molding to match the cabinets. Then I would unpack my coffee pot. I'm sorry I'm not normally so harsh but that thing goes against every sense I have.

    In the last picture I've posted a cream glazed with a very minimal distress that would look wonderful. Then aged bronze or black pulls and handles. The floor looks ok..

    That leaves you with the backsplash and lighting. Which again aren't gawd awful.
  • 12 years ago
    Did you ask about the astro turf?
  • 12 years ago
    Wait ...is that a SERIOUS Picture??? OMG!!
  • 12 years ago
    That is the cabinet glaze I have been looking for. That's my plan for the cabinets. As for as the tiger print carpet and astro turf--yes it's a real picture! Obviously the current owners are LSU fans! The entire bonus room upstairs is decorated like that!!!
  • 12 years ago
    Ok, I get it! LOL!! :D
  • 12 years ago
    lucidos, crazy toilet paper-in-shower pic, too!! :)
  • 12 years ago
    Tmassie - so much better! I saw the original pic and it was just too much. Imagine someone in polka dot pants, striped shirt, paisley scarf, leather jacket, and a feather hat - lol.

    The white cabinets against the black countertops tones it down and draws focus to the backsplash. Good job with the crown molding.

    What are your plans for the floors - are you leaving them? I prefer clean looks, so I'd be careful about introducing anything more. The lighting can even be the centerpiece and you'd be good. Just remember less is more.

    Those previous owners are something. Did they throw in a white leather couch still wrapped in plastic? LOL Funny tastes sometimes denotes interesting characters - bet they would be a blast as parties - prawn cocktail and all!
  • 12 years ago
    Already looks much better! I agree with removing that cabinet box above the stove and reworking that moulding/cover(?) on the vent hood. It just doesn't look right with that big box up there. It will look fantastic when finished!