Software
Houzz Logo Print
natasha0709

Grout line for 16" x 16" non-rectified tile?

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Had a bathroom floor installed diamond-set with 16" x 16" non-rectified porcelain tile. The tiler didn't ask me what grout line I wanted beforehand, and me, being a novice, didn't offer the info. The floor was done with a 1/4" grout line. After scouring the Internet, I now feel sick to my stomach, as I've learned that the MAXIMUM should have been 3/16" (with some people even recommending 1/8"). When I pointed this out to the tiler, he replied that "1/4 inch was standard" for this type/size of tile. Anyway, is it worth making him redo the job (which might be at my expense) for what amounts to 1/16 of an inch? I feel I'm partly at fault for not having specified what I wanted at the start.

I should add that this is in an apartment in a very old building; floor space covered is about 4' x 4'.

Thanks!

Comments (12)