Software
Houzz Logo Print
lingol

Corian question???

12 years ago
I am renovating a bathroom in a very contemporary home. Everything is very sleek and polished. I'm thinking of doing a warmer guest bathroom. I'm thinking about getting a gray corian countertop with a built in white sink, so it will be a one piece unit. Thought it might be easier to take care of than the caesarstone I have in the kitchen or a stone like granite/quartz. Any thoughts regarding that? Is corian still in style? Would it fit into my contemporary home? Is it as easy to take care of as some people say??Thanks for any comments!!! Lin

Comments (16)

  • 12 years ago
    I went with Corian when our installer said he had fewer calls from Corian than any other. That comment made me change my mind from granite to corian. Granite is too busy for my taste. I would rather my accessories be the focus rather my countertop.
    Linda thanked knighs
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you very much for your comments. The solid colored Caesarstone is just a pain in regard to fingerprints. I appreciate your advice about the Corian.
  • 12 years ago
    Is the built in sink too tacky???
  • 12 years ago
    Is this what it looks like?
    Corian Vanity Tops · More Info
    Linda thanked feeny
  • 12 years ago
    I find quartz extremely easy to care for. Corian seems dated to me.
    Linda thanked J Gregory
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks muchly for your comment. I think I might stay away from the Corian. I'm hesitant to invest in a product that might be dated.
  • 12 years ago
    I saw Candace Olsen instal a shower stall in lovely master bath and use big sheets of white Corian for the material--very sleek and modern and I thought it was really so practical...
    so if it's good enough for Candace...

    I just wouldn't use the built in--one piece sink--
    get a nice drop in-metallic one...silver maybe if you want gray...
    Linda thanked loves2read
  • 12 years ago
    Interesting thought, thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    Corian is less durable and a friend replaced it in her kitchen with granite. But in a guest bath it should be fine.
    Linda thanked kathleen MK
  • 12 years ago
    Just decided to use Caesarstone concrete like in my kitchen. Thank you very much.
  • 12 years ago
    Good decision. Like feeny, I have some Corian in the house that is holding up pretty well but it's not what I'd choose today!
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you very much; I appreciate your comment, Ann.
  • 10 years ago

    Lingol....I'm facing the same dilemma as you were. My cabinet person is recommending Corian with a built-in sink, but I think I'm leaning more towards Quartz with an undermount china sink. Haven't quite made up my mind though!

  • 10 years ago

    Hi. I ended up using a darkish polished gray called concrete - Caesarstone with an undermount rectangular white sink, and I am glad I did. I love the contemporary polished look. It matches my kitchen island as well. In my humble opinion, Corian was just too outdated. Once I saw it in the bathroom of a local deli, I knew it wasn't for me. The Caesarstone is a bit of a pain to keep fingerprint free, but it looks great. I would go with the Quartz if you are trying to make a decision. I hope that helps. Lin

  • 10 years ago

    Here is a photo of the sink mentioned above. Plus, we have some Caesarstone in the shower. I still need to change the door handle to silver.