Software
Houzz Logo Print
blair0543

Flowers

12 years ago
What is the name of the yellow flower? I believe I have these... They start our fern like and bloom late summer? Mine also smell great. I have been trying to find a name for years!
Guest House Cottage Garden · More Info

Comments (7)

  • 12 years ago
    BTW they look very pretty in your yard. A beautiful pop of color!
  • 12 years ago
    what are those purple flowers?? are they perinneals as well?
  • 12 years ago
    They look like Russian Sage plants that are perennials & easy to grow. They do spread every year but very slowly. Love the combo.
  • 12 years ago
    The yellow flower is Yarrow, which comes in many colors and plant height. The yellow variety makes an excellent flower. Some varieties can be very invasive.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think this Yarrow is the variety called 'Coronation Gold', which is a clump-forming type that will not invade the garden. It usually tops out at a maximum width of around 2.5'. The purple flower is probably perennial Salvia 'May Night' which grows to 2' tall or Salvia 'Caradonna' which grows up to around 3' tall. Agreed, it's a great combination!
  • 10 years ago

    I used Coronation Gold with Provence Lavender in a new bed this spring color combo is stunning.