Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdsunn

Staging Master Bedroom

sdsunn
10 years ago
We are in the process of preparing our Mediterranean style home for the market in June. In our master bedroom, my idea is to only include our king sized traditional cherry rice poster bed, two nightstands, and perhaps one chair by the window. The walls and carpet are beige/cream. Because I need to buy a new comforter, what do you suggest I look for: plain or textured fabric, neutral like tan or ivory, floral or color? I also need to buy something to put on bedside tables. I assume matching table lamps? Or something else? If so, what finish/color lamps for a poster bed and the comforter? As a side note, our living and dining room have ivory and tan for large piece. Also note that the room has a vaulted ceiling, and French doors.) Because the bedroom is right off the living room, should I be staging it with similar colors? Thanks in advance. My head is spinning in circles and I appreciate any guidance.

Comments (9)

• Ashlee Davis Webber
    10 years ago
    I would try to stick with colors found thru your entire home. I know flowers look pretty next to a bed, our a classic book
    sdsunn thanked Ashlee Davis Webber
  • Denita
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Stage the room very simply. The bedding should be styled in a modern way - simple, clean lines with some pillows but not enough to overwhelm the bed. Here are a few examples, expand the photos to see details:
    Master Bedroom · More Info

British Colonial Master Suite · More Info

Nob Hill Penthouse · More Info

Vi-Spring - Natural Luxury Bed Collection · More Info
    sdsunn thanked Denita
  • PRO
    Movike Design
    10 years ago
    Like the suggestions above but would add accent color as it is mediterranean - so green, turquoise, yellow, tangerine in art work cushions and throw as well as for lighting
    sdsunn thanked Movike Design
  • sdsunn
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for the suggestions, you two. Duvet and lamp are lovely. Would there need to be a picture in room or would I be ok with bed as main focus and add color with a plant or flowers?
  • Denita
    10 years ago
    You can add a picture/artwork, but really the ambiance is the main focus :)
    I'm a Realtor and the master suite is one of the important rooms. You should be fine with the bed as a main focus and add color with plants or flowers if a picture/painting doesn't set the right mood. I would be careful with floral bedding though. Color like Movike Design said is appropriate. Either through art work or cushions. Lighting is important. You know the mood is right when others walk in and say 'wow'.
    sdsunn thanked Denita
  • sdsunn
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Love the additional ideas. If there is artwork, should it be placed away from the back of the bed so the main focus in that area is the bed, itself?
  • Denita
    10 years ago
    Simple staged master bedrooms below. The artwork can be behind the bed so you have one focal point. It is hard to advise without seeing the entire room. Where is the entry to this room? Can you show photos of each wall?
    La Cresta at Woodbury · More Info

Mediterranean Bedroom · More Info
    sdsunn thanked Denita
  • sdsunn
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I took photo from entrance to room. Wall to left is where bed will be positioned. House is a rental until end of April and we live eight hours away. I will take more photos of this particular room later. Thanks again.