Software
Houzz Logo Print
grady542

Paint color needed?

12 years ago
Hi, I just painted my living room Bleecker beige, love it, but my dining room does not match! It'sw Hearts of Palm. Kitchen is BMW Alpaca, with pinky beige cabinets. Oops! Many thanks! P.S. If anyone wants to chime in on pillows and a rug:) still need curtains too!

Comments (15)

  • 12 years ago
    Thank! I love all your ideas! I totally agree with the drape idea. I will be shopping for those this week. I like the rugs in West Elm. Here are the only large mirrors I have in the house. Here is a large poster I just framed. I have many things like this... Not sure what to do with it all. I don't have any end tables, but I bought lamps? Should I do an end table/lamp thing? Thanks:)
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks very much Kaytie! I totally agree with you on the drapes and everything else. These are the only other big mirrors I have in the house right now. Should I put these lamps and do the end table thing? I almost didn't hang the mirror back up, but I have a house full of pictures (mostly original posters) and artwork hat I don't know what to do with.
  • 12 years ago
    Posted twice in error. Sorry:)
  • 12 years ago
    I do not know what your budget is. I have decorated over time, I have been in my current home for 9 years and am still working on it. You should surround yourself with things you love. I am wholly unconcerned with what people think who do not live here, but I got the greatest compliment ever from a little girl about 8 years old. She came to my door trick or treating, stuck her head inside the door, rolled her eyes around and said "They must be SO HAPPY!"
  • 12 years ago
    I gave the painter a picture from a magazine. It was a photo of the ground, covered in fall leaves. I said I want that red, that orange, that yellow and that brown. He said "Are you sure?" Of course! Nature does not make mistakes and I love fall! When he finished, he said "I thought you were crazy, but this looks awesome!" Another common thread inside my home is scale. I have 8X 10 pictures in frames that are 2'X3'. I have art by my kids framed and hung on the wall between the bottom of the lampshade and the surface of my bedside table. Kid art is freeflowing and hilariously creative. I have a wall of photos in the den all framed in IKEA frames for unity, but of varying sizes. I have never had family photos on the wall before. (I always thought it was cornball. There are ten at this time. I am planning to put a 15' IKEA desk along that wall, no more sharing desktop, we will each have a station and chair! My hubby said, "You can't! The photo wall would have to come down!" Who knew he noticed? In the bathroom, I have a picture of each child in the bathtub as a baby. In one, my little boy is wearing a helmet because he did not want his hair shampooed. Oh- the family photo from Christmas... we are all wearing fake moustaches. None of that posed nonsense for us!
  • 12 years ago
    sorry. I digressed. I like both mirrors. Neither looks much if any bigger than the one that is there. If you are looking to be thrifty, you could paint them all the same color and hang all three. (Odd numbers look best to me) I would do that and hang them at slightly varying heights, not in a row like ducks. The poster has great colors. You could pull the red or blue from that for your drapes and pillow colors. If I were going to use that poster, I would take it and have it matted and then framed in a frame that was substantially wider. (as in several inches)
  • 12 years ago
    Obviously, I am not afraid of paint. You can get bare wood furniture and paint it any color you want for end tables. I got some great industrial furniture at Goodwill! They had gotten furniture that was heavy wood that had plaques on the underside showing it has once been property of the state of texas. I got a side table that was essentially a cube, real wood NICE for $4! I sanded it, stained and put polyurethane on top. $4, 4 hours, and it looks great by the leather loveseat!
  • 12 years ago
    I failed to mention earlier, drapes should come to the floor.
  • 12 years ago
    I like your lamps. I just counted 60 books on my bookshelves about decorating. I buy picture books mostly. If I scan it and like their style. Lynette Jennings is a favorite. Her books looks less like period decorating than, hey, if you like this, find a way to use it.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you Kaytie! This is my daughters artwork on my dining room wall, this wall is beautiful SW Hearts Of Palm, but it does not work with beige. I have never used beige or neutrals in my life, so this is all new to me. I guess a lot if people do use beige. I love color too, but I recently made a big mistake in my kitchen, but that's another story, lol.
  • 12 years ago
    Oh, and I paint furniture all the time! You can get better stuff at the goodwill then you can brand new, (if you are on a budget.) I like the wall if mirrors idea, I have five other mirrors:)
  • 12 years ago
    My sister did a wall of mirrors once. She collected old ones, some with failed silvering on the back. None of them had frames, just chain hangers on the back. They were all serving tray size or smaller. very chic.
  • 12 years ago
    I would frame 4 more pieces in same frames right underneath these to add weight. I am going to work now. I will check back in later and see what other comments you have gotten. I do not usually comment, but I have an eleven year old that has played piano 5 years now. The piano spoke to me!
  • 12 years ago
    oh and want to hear what happened in the kitchen!!!!!