Software
Houzz Logo Print
jkbush

The cooktop was pulled out - did you do something at the bottom?

12 years ago
Is there a molding or kick toe? Is there a column? Or is the cabinet just pulled out? Is there anything on the side of the pulled out cabinet for trim since it's now exposed? Thank you!!!
The Broadmoor - Fall 2013 Parade of Homes Model · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi jkbush! Thanks for the question(s). The cabinet is bumped out to accommodate a 36” cooktop. The sides are treated the same as any other cabinet with an exposed edge.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for your quick response. We are doing the same (bumping out) with a 36" cooktop, and a regular 30" oven below. I know most people prefer a range, but I don't like the oven sizes in a range and the gas cooktops perform so well. I wondered if I needed a column, but prefer not to add one. This is a simple but pretty look. Please let me know if you did anything special to the bottom of your cabinet, or if you have anything else to share with me. Thank you!