Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myreynolds

WINDOW VALANCE

myreynolds
12 years ago
HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS VALACE AND WOULD IT WORK AS A VALANCE FOR SLIDING GLASS DOOORS IN A KITCHEN
THANKS
Vintage Kitchen · More Info

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Katie Emmons Design
    12 years ago
    I didn't actually make it....I leave that up to my fabric workroom. I designed it and the workroom figured out how to make it work. Without seeing your sliding glass doors and how they relate to the walls around them, I would think it would work, as long as the valance is mounted out far enough from the doors so that it doesn't get caught up in the doors when they open or close. Drapery panels usually work well with french or sliding glass doors....they don't get in the way of the function. I hope that helps.
  • myreynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    THANK YOU. DO YOU THINK IF I PUT PANELS ON THE SLIDING DOORS AND THEN THIS VALANCE ON ONE DOUBLE WINDOW AND ONE SINGLE IN THE KITCHEN THAT WOULD LOOK OK? SHOULD ALL THE WINDOWS INCLUDING THE PANELS BE OF THE SAME FABRIC PRINT OR COLOR?
  • PRO
    Katie Emmons Design
    12 years ago
    Without seeing the space, I don't like giving advice...since there are so many variables that play into that decision. But generally speaking, the same fabric would give you continuity.
  • myreynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH
  • Chrystie Scott
    12 years ago
    It's not a functional roman shade?
  • PRO
    Katie Emmons Design
    12 years ago
    No, it's not.
  • skram
    11 years ago
    can you tell me who makes the fabric?
  • PRO
    Katie Emmons Design
    11 years ago
    Osborne & Little....not sure, but it may be discontinued. Thanks for your interest.
  • skram
    11 years ago
    do you know the name of the pattern? i just love it! is it green and white?
    thanks again
  • PRO
    Katie Emmons Design
    11 years ago
    I'm sorry....but I don't remember the pattern name. It is green and white.
  • skram
    11 years ago
    i love it!!!!!!
  • zweet
    11 years ago
    This looks relatively easy to sew, all straight seams! The difficulty is in handling the large pieces of fabric. If you're up for it, I'm sure there's a helpful soul at a decorator fabric retailer that could give some great advice. Not a project for a beginner, unless you make a practice one out of very inexpensive fabric first. It appears to be a long rectangle with the ends folded and "ribbons" added afterward.