Software
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Is your yard ready for summer?

12 years ago
Summer can mean a lot more time outdoors, and for those of us that might neglect that part of our homes during the winter, it can mean we need to do a little catching up to get ready. Is your yard ready for all that summer brings?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Garden Cottage / Guest House · More Info
Yes - we are ready to roll!
No - not ready yet!
Other - Tell us below!

Comments (28)

  • 12 years ago
    Mine is a disaster. DISASTER. No where near ready. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. :)
  • 12 years ago
    Retaining wall building this summer. Will have a lawn maybe this fall? :/
    Emily Hurley thanked rredpenn
  • 12 years ago
    We live in Southern California, so we are summer ready year around. We are however doing the rain dance in hopes to get out of this drought.
    Emily Hurley thanked Jolene
  • 12 years ago
    We have the summer furniture around the fire pit, but it would be helpful if my landlord could mow the lawn better!!!
    Emily Hurley thanked Casie Costanzo
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Have I mentioned how much I love my new garden? From wasteland to urban delight in only a few months! I finished planting everything - even a tree! - and I'm waiting for them to grow. My succulents have so many babies and the climbers have grown about a foot this week. Yesterday I even painted the blue candle purple, same paint as the pergola, so they match (...I think I need to get a life...)

    Oct 2013 - as the builders left it · More Info

    May '14 · More Info

    Front view June 2014 · More Info
    Emily Hurley thanked Luciana
  • 12 years ago
    I feel as if my yard is never really ready. It's a lovely country backyard, but always needs some work. I suppose I like it that way. Pretty but not picture perfect nor manicured.
    Emily Hurley thanked mcbmd3
  • 12 years ago
    If this question was posted two weeks ago, I would have said no. However, these last two weeks have been fabulous for everything to really pop. Short of getting some bare spots to fill in, I am quite pleased.
    Emily Hurley thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    Front & back yard
    Emily Hurley thanked menhaden
  • 12 years ago
    Flowers planted, landscaping refreshed and mulched, "potholes" dug by the squirrels filled and reseeded (and grassy already), chairs and tables cleaned and set up, hammock aired out, firepit in regular use - let summer begin! :)
    Emily Hurley thanked margotgn
  • 12 years ago
    Every summer my husband's cute little 1964 MGB occupies our front pad parking and our family van goes on the street. The thing rarely starts but it looks good and my husband has made many a neighbourhood friend as he putters away on it. In the winter that cute little red MGB is stored in our back yard in a portable pop-up garage. Unsightly but cost efficient. This year, we somehow forgot to renew our street parking so that cute little red car is in our back yard. Luckily our wonderful neighbours have offered use of their driveways so we can finally move our cute littlle MGB, start working on repairing grass and start outdoor dining. Thank goodness for the village.
    Emily Hurley thanked jcann157
  • 12 years ago
    We're in the middle of rebuilding the deck, so the back yard is a bit of a mess. But once that's done we should be in pretty good shape!
    Emily Hurley thanked Carole M.
  • 12 years ago
    I voted yes, though there are still a few things to be done..tidy up a bit and the pergola, but that doesn't mean that the yard is not usable. I'll put a few photos here, but there are more in my ideabooks. It will look much better once the plants grow.
    Emily Hurley thanked printesa
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Not a chance. We are just starting the build of our long awaited workshop, so the yard now looks like this... (see below). I have serious landscape envy for some of the posted pix of beautifully laid out paving stone walkways etc. Maybe next year my yard won't look like an embarrassment.
    Emily Hurley thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    I m getting there
  • 12 years ago
    Rusty, you'll get there. I am sure my husband wouldn't have a problem with having a construction zone if he had a workshop built:) For now, he took over the garage,,more like two garages:)
  • 12 years ago
    Definitely not. Bought our house a year ago and spent all our extra money on kitchen and bath remodel, so no $ to re-do backyard yet.

    Backyard is usable for us, but not the oasis we'd like. Maybe by next Spring we'll have saved up enough to tackle the yard in time for Summer 2015 :)
  • 12 years ago
    Nope not even close to ready
  • 12 years ago
    It's HORRIBLE!!!!!! I'M NOT EXAGGERATING!!!! There are weeds every where, I need to mow the lawn, and pick up dog poop ( hopefully my bro will do that).
  • 12 years ago
    By the time my yard is ready for summer, it is winter...! :-/
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Got some new hydrangeas planted and new landscape lighting, and we're ready to spend some summer nights outdoors cooking and having fun! :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Sigh. No.
  • 12 years ago
    Still a work in progress new to us in 2013 and had an addition built. So we had sod planted last fall, we are working on the flower beds and slowly adding new plants. A good friend gave me a lot of perennials so excited to see what is blooming in my new flower beds.
  • 12 years ago
    My house sits on a full acre lot. With the Texas drought and never enough time, I can't ever get my yard just right. By the time I get the front finished, the back is a mess. I find myself often dreaming about a smaller yard!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    how about add some synthatch roof? It will be more leisure
  • 12 years ago
    It is ready and looking very nice, but we can't sit out until weather becomes cooler-far too hot to sit out.
  • 11 years ago
    We will be ready for summer 2015 with our new deck.
  • 11 years ago
    Excuse me but I attached a photo unrelated to our back yard but someone will find it interesting, right ?