Software
Houzz Logo Print
bryan_korns

Bros! Man cave emergency!

12 years ago
I really want to finish my basement and put in a SICK man cave, with like a jukebox and a ball pit and stuff. But my cats are like, "nuh uh man, this is OUR turf". I tried to reason with them, but they were like, "dude, it's us or the man cave". I don't want to be alone, bros! My fish is like a total dip! What should I do?

Comments (15)

  • 12 years ago
    Give them the space and move out....cats are in charge, not you!
  • 12 years ago
    No, but like Benny is such a little ragweed! If he had his way my whole basement would just be a box. And then PRINGLES. Pringles is just a mess, he gets stuck in my blinds like every other day. I don't know, sometimes I just feel like it's not in my best interest to let my cats dictate my lifestyle.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    90% Man Cave, 10% Cat Cave. Provide the little stinkers with some scratching posts and an endless supply of catnip. They'll be happy and you'll be happy. :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    No offense, Dude... but if you're concerned with pleasing "cats"... you don't really need a "Man" cave...
    Just a room where you & the pets can hang out , munch kibble, & watch Animal Planet... lol
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I'm just wondering...when was the last time the cats made a rent payment? From my experience, whoever has the money is in charge.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    River Valley...
    Don't rush to judgment...
    Maybe the cats were born into money... they may be footing the bills and allowing the Dude to hang out because he's got that "opposing thumbs" thing going on... making it easier to pull the lids off the Friskies cans.
  • 12 years ago
    ......
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you all for your fantastic advice! You'll all surely be thrilled to know that I moved out, leaving my home, man cave and all, to my darlings. I will live with my Aunt. Best of luck to all of your design endeavors!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Well, maybe...I hadn't thought of that. You mean like Leona Helmsley's dog?

    BTW, is this post even for real, or have we just been scammed?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    If this is true... we simply CANNOT be as thrilled as your Aunt!

    I certainly hope we weren't "SCAMMED" as you suggest, River Valley!
    I put a lot of my best creative effort into this one!
    If we couldn't collectively talk Mr. Korns in off the "chick" ledge, I was going to propose a group intervention involving a truckload of that testosterone cream and a dunk tank!
  • 12 years ago
    Actually, this post was an independent study to gauge the responsiveness of Houzz users. The response rate was actually higher that anticipated (though the process may have been skewed by the inclusion of cats), but in any case I appreciate your input. Thank you all for your assistance, and thank you Select Hardwood for having my back.
  • 12 years ago
    It was the (1) call to bros with (2) an emergency involving (3) a man cave that attracted responses. Opening the discussion to find out cats were the core of the issue was just shocking and disappointing.

    Crying wolf on man cave emergencies is very unbro, man. Very unbro.

    +1 million on this thread, well played!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Bryan...
    We ALL feel so "used" & hurt!
    If I had cats, I'd probably surround myself with them on the sofa all day, and wait for Ellen or Dr. Oz to come on TV to settle my tattered nerves... Well, I'm off to the kitchen for a "latte".
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Bryan,
    I don't feel used or hurt. However, to celebrate your eviction from your digs I will sit down tonight in my man cave, drink a beer and watch the World Cup. Actually I was going to do that anyway but . . . hey any excuse works. LOL