Software
Houzz Logo Print
tschissel

Is the siding cedar shakes or are they a cement board variety?

12 years ago
I really like the curb appeal of this home, very well done!! I am interested in learning more about the siding. Is the siding real cedar shakes or some form of cement board? I will be remodeling a home soon and really like this look. I also wonder if I need to worry about cedar shakes in a wetter environment, which is where my home sits, next to a river? Thanks for any advice/input.
Northwest Contempory Exterior Remodel · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    We used a natural stain cedar shake siding, with the oil you need to apply new stain to keep the stain color. This is West Linn Oregon.
  • 12 years ago
    Where could I find the floor plan to this home ?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    This house was a custom designed house originally, so if you want the plans you will meed to have a design firm come up with a sim. design. We can do that for you if you want to???