Software
Houzz Logo Print
hoppygirl

Fireplace is a definite standout

12 years ago
Love the 'depth' of this fireplace which creates a real warmth on its own despite use of metal. are these copper sheet pieces? how did you achieve the variation in the individual pieces?
Hamilton - Eclectic Industrial · More Info

Comments (4)

  • 12 years ago
    you can use various patina products to get different looks. Sculpt Nouveau (google it) has all the products you need to patina metals. I've used their products a lot, they're great and very hepful.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    In this case, we combined old sheets of copper with new ones. And applied an acid finish to a few of them.

  • 10 years ago

    thanks Beyond Beige. I am in the midst of building soon and that home you designed is like you made it for me. I will be attempting that fireplace.

  • 9 years ago
    could this same treatment be done over existing slab marble? how could I adhere the metal without removing the marble? is that even possible? I realize that's a bit tacky and really the best thing to do would be to remove the marble and build a new surround first before adhering a new surface but it's just not within my budget right now.