Software
Houzz Logo Print
smmroz

Rock seat

12 years ago
Where was this rock shower seat purchased from?
Hollywood Hills · More Info

Comments (5)

  • 11 years ago
    smmroz - Did you ever get an answer to where the rock shower seat was sold?
  • 11 years ago
    I, too, would like to know where the rock seat can be purchased. Thx.
  • 11 years ago
    From previous post:


    "This shower bench in a Hollywood Hills, California, home falls into the built-in category — but in its own unique way. “It’s a 2,000-pound lava rock that required extra steel engineering to keep it from falling through the floor,” says designer Lori Dennis, who describes this approach as "The Flintstones meets The Jetsons."

    The rock was carved onsite, and it took seven men to it haul into place. “It’s carved and smoothed to comfortably fit two rear ends,” the designer notes."
  • 11 years ago
    Wow; thanks nking43. Sounds like too much trouble. I think I'll look for an artificial one.
  • 11 years ago
    That's awesome. :) Thanks for the reply!