Software
Houzz Logo Print
reginacoyle

Ceiling Height

14 years ago
How high is the ceiling in this basement? I would like to do something like this in my family room. My ceiling height is 9'. I am thinking I would need to build up the crown moulding at the top.
Custom Home Entertainment Center and Cabinetry at Basement · More Info

Comments (3)

  • 14 years ago
    Here the ceiling height was 96", for a 9'-0 ceiling you have the benefit of an additional shelf, as well as being able to do a multiple layer crown molding. The crown detail here was a 3-piece crown that measured between 6" to 7" tall when installed.
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you for this reply as well. It was very helpful. I will now plan on having pretty elaborate crown moulding as well as a higher base.
    Also, I absoultely love this built-in!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    We have updated our account under a new company profile. Just wanted to let you know and we hope all is well!

    Greg Buitrago
    Principal, Director of Sales & Design
    Visit us at http://hammercontractors.com/