Software
Houzz Logo Print
jcandcorey

Number of can lights?

14 years ago
Lovely design!!!

We are currently building a new house in NC, and we will have coffered ceilings in our great room. We are also using can lighting. Can you tell me if every square in this coffered ceiling has a can light? I cannot decide how many to put in our room. I don't want the cans to be overpowering, but how do you pick where to put them if you just have a few? Thank you so much for your time!
Seeley Family Room · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Depending on the dimension of your coffered ceiling squares, I would put one in every square - I love the ambience of canned lighting on dimmers.
  • 13 years ago
    I cant tell if the canned lights are rimmed with white or brushed steel. Which did you use and does it make a big difference on style. We are painting our walls a greige color, walls half the whie of the grey. Which would you recommend? White or steel rimmed canned lights?