Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6632488

Pop Up This Open Plan

12 years ago
Hi In the images you will see the kitchen which is a high gloss white kitchen with a grey quartz top and decorated with red touches.
The other pictures shows the dining area which has chairs, sideboard and table from same set in colours walnut and grey.
Third picture its the living with a grey sofa and a brown carpet .

Pictures are a little bit old but the only difference is that I removed the red from the living and the dining, added beautiful brown patterned sheer drapes , added a white round gloss coffee table in front of sofa .

What would you do to make it look amazing ? as in paintings, lightning and colours .
Should I remove the red from kitchen. Or can I keep red in kitchen and use a different vibrant colour in the other rooms .

PLEASE HELP

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I quite like the red. The kitchen looks fine - I would replace the handles on the cupboard doors with some springloaded ones. In the other rooms, the furniture feels a bit dark. White coffee table may help, but I would consider replacing the one or two of the pieces with lighter colours. A bright abstract painting in red (have you considered Aboriginal art?) may work as might a red lamp shade somewhere.
    Brandon It-Tati thanked Abhik Sengupta Photography
  • 12 years ago
    I thought the red accent pieces were great! If you removed them, there is no colour in the rooms.
    Brandon It-Tati thanked vickicz
  • 12 years ago
    Before I had this carpet and I changed it. do you think it was better Alyssa?

    Abhik so you would increase red but in different shades ?
  • 12 years ago
    What additional colours would you add guys and gals ??
  • 12 years ago
    any other suggestions please ? at least regarding colours and paintings ?
  • 12 years ago
    I think what you have is great! I would leave the kitchen just as is. The dining area definitely needs something, but not necessarily more red. Red is a powerful color and using to much of it can be unsettling for some. I am one of those people. It would be my suggestion to maybe purchase a piece of artwork, but keep the red to a minimal. Maybe blacks, grays, white, and one little spec of red in it. I agree with the other post on the area rug. Maybe you are tired of the old rug, but it does give the room visual interest without adding more color. Honestly I think the red calf head is plenty. Your three rooms are essentially one room, so three strong reds is plenty. This room is very modern and you have enough interesting elements like the stone on the walls, the fireplace, and the wall unit. Add sculpture, but please don't add more color. Back to the living area. I would keep the area rug neutral and if adding pillows I would keep them neutral with little specs of red. Small spaces do not require to much and adding more red would truly stress me out as a guest in your home. At the end of the day, you have to like the feel, so If you like a lot of color then add it, but don't just because people always say neutral is boring. That is just so not the case. I really like what you have picked and I'm sure in the end everything will work out. The experts don't always get it right the first time either.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the old rug better, as the color scheme works with the walls and existing furniture. It's less heavy. I'd suggest trying little accents of color and accessories to bling it up like a fancy mirror on the white wall by the dining room. More color by adding pillows to the sofa. Sometimes you just have to play with the color.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Not too concerned about different shades but just use it as a common theme - splashes across the different areas. Quite a strong colour so would not go overboard. But if you can keep it consistent can be quite powerful as an accent colour.