Software
Houzz Logo Print
angelicamt

need help with kitchen makeover.

12 years ago
Any ideas to paint floor tiles and withe old cabinets for a temporary solution...I am unable to replace them yet.
Thanks,
Angie

Comments (7)

  • 12 years ago
    ops..."white cabinets" that is :)
  • 12 years ago
    Would you keep the hand painted cabinet doors?
  • 12 years ago
    You might get some good ideas from some of these videos:






  • 12 years ago
    What about installing laminate floors over the tile, replacing the countertops with a new laminate counter top (some are now pretty nice looking) and just put handles/knobs on the cabinets. (Not necessarily in that order). Any one of those things could make a quick, huge difference.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Replacing the counters would go a very long way in making the space look and feel more updated. I agree that if budget is a limiting factor, plastic laminate tops would be a good solution. Also, paint the wall/cabinet behind the bookshelves a fun bright color to add some visual interest that can be easily changed. Depending on the counter you select, the cabinets could remain white or you could add a warm glaze "wash" with selective sanding to create a custom distressed look.
  • 12 years ago
    I see your question and am confused by some answers because I believe you said you can't replace floors now. Which would lead me to believe you can't replace other things right now. Am I wrong? Do you dislike your floors? If not I agree with Kay about embracing them. I like it. The colors should just be reflected more around the room to kind of balance it out. If you don't like them, well, I'm not a professional and would not recommend paint without knowing. Good luck, I know someone on here will know. If not call a few painters in your area and ask questions. Most are glad to help. Or there's always Lowe's or home depot. If in your area, if not the hardware store. Ask lots of questions. Again good luck! : )