Software
Houzz Logo Print
rossn1

Tiny, narrow kitchen... what's the balance between aisle & cab depth?

5 hours ago
last modified: 4 hours ago

How do you feel about the balance between the aisle width and the shallow base and wall cabinets? I could shift the balance.


The space is narrow... 80-1/2" wide x 96.75" deep. One side is open, overlooking the stairwell, so there isn't a tunnel effect. Ceiling is sloped as marked in the drawing. There are a few technical challenges, such as the window.


Very unfortunate is that the cabinets on the right would be spendy for custom depth.


Background:

I have an above garage space that I will rent out. I'm building out a "bar" area, but designing it as a full (but tiny) kitchen, such that if I'm able to license an ADU at some point, it's ready to go. Consider it for a single person/cook.


Would like ample counter and cabinet space.





Comments (2)