Software
Houzz Logo Print
mommajan

EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF GRASSES ARE THE WHITE?

14 years ago
Grace Design Associates · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The grass that looks like Tina Turner's hair is Mexican Feather Grass - Stipa tenuissima. Careful - it's invasive. It spreads by seed in the wind. Don't use it at the edge of wildland!
  • 12 years ago
    dammit ! it has noxious weed status in NSW (Australia) where I live. Guess I'll have to stick with Pennisetum grasses instead. Just LOVE the contrast of the white flower heads !
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    dammit, indeed! I've been playing with substitutes --- here are the two I've been using to get (sort of) the same feel and movement: Pennisetum spathiolatum (tall) and Bouteloua gracilis 'Blonde Ambition' (short). They're a weak imitation of the Stipa tenuissima, but they are the best I've found so far. Please share anything you find that works better. All the best, Margie