Software
Houzz Logo Print
vida_heers

Laundry Room

14 years ago
Need ideas for my laundry room paint. Its currently a neutral color.

Comments (60)

  • 14 years ago
    I will try to put a pic up!!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Hi Vida. Good I'm glad your cabinets are chocolate...now think of a thin mint. Here is the green I suggest you sample Rosemary Sprig 2144-30 by Benjamin Moore. This color is a beautiful medium-toned sagey green. Here is a picture with this color...
    Plymouth Residence · More Info

    I think this will look great. HOpe that helps. Charmean Neithart
  • 14 years ago
    Love the paint Color Charmean!! Here is couple of pics of the laundry room, its work in progress!!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Great, Rosemary Sprig will look great in there. May I suggest you remove the faux plant from on top of your cabinets. Perhaps also, you can add some hardware to the cabinet doors. Thanks for the pics. Let us know when you get samples up. Charmean
  • 14 years ago
    Oh yeah, the faux plant will be gone, lol.. Is rosemary green that link that you sent me?? Also any idea for artwork?? Thank you so much charmean!!
  • 14 years ago
    Also is that color I need to you use through out the house to have flow?? I have been really wanting to add green. My colors are the neutral and sienna, which is a dark shade of orange
  • 14 years ago
    One more question,do I paint all of the walls or just use it as accent wall??
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    HI Vida. Rosemary Sprig is the link I sent you. You can carry through to the adjacent room, but it doesn't have to be everywhere. I would paint all the walls in the laundry room. As far as art goes, what are your interests? It looks like you have children...how about if you frame some art that the kids have done?
  • 14 years ago
    Kids art work is what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure. Is that green paint color like a lime green or a little darker. I can't wait to paint. I also saw this bright orange color that was I think called tangerine that was really pretty. Thank you so much for your input, I am in such a big mood to redo my entire house, lol
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    Go for the kids art. If you want to add a little orange, frame the art in orange frames and do a grouping. I love orange, it looks good with everything.
    Natalie's Orange Frame.jpg · More Info
  • 14 years ago
    Omg, you are so good!! By any chance is there another picture of the green paint??
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I can only find the one I already posted. Here is another angle...
    Plymouth Residence · More Info
  • 14 years ago
    Perfect, thank you!! I will keep you posted once I am done painting. This and my den area are my two projects that I want to finish.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    You're very welcome. Please do keep me posted. I always like to see the "after". C.
  • 14 years ago
    I sure will!!! Thank you again!!
  • 14 years ago
    I saw in your like list where there were framed art with a saying in the middle. Maybe that might be neat?
  • 14 years ago
    I will have to look. How is your project coming along??
  • 14 years ago
    We finished our family room with crown molding extended on the wall and chair railed around with squares on the bottomall in white wood.Does that make sense?? We did cool ledges off the fireplace with corbels and more trim work. Then Iayered frames and added glass vases(square and rectangular)with roses. It really turned out great--that is why I wish I could show you!!Good luck on your laundry room. Have you ever used chalk board paint--kids LOVE it. They like add messages andcan be wiped off. Could youu incorporate a section inthe laundry room for that??
  • 14 years ago
    Charmean, I am painting the laundry room a green color called tansy, I think it will be pretty.my husband used this color at one of his properties and he like it.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Ok, post pics when you're all done.
  • 14 years ago
    I will!!
  • 14 years ago
    That's great Maureen!! I started painting our laundry room, the color is pretty, it's not a real bright green, it's kind of in the same shade as charmean suggested. I do need to change the lighting in our laundry room, just to give it warmth. Any suggestion on the lighting??? I wish I can see a pic of your project, I am sure it's beautiful.
  • 14 years ago
    Here is a pic of the Paint Charmean!!! What do you think???
  • 14 years ago
    the pictuer shows the color as being very bright, but its not!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It does look bright, but if you say it's not...the shade is fun. I really like most greens, just not neon.
  • 14 years ago
    No it is far from neon!! I think it's the lighting and the camera, need a better lighting there.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    ok , great then go for it. I do like neon green popsicles :) It does look like a happy shade of green, just remember to think in contrasts. So now that you have this color on the wall what will be its contrast for cabinets? Make sense?
  • 14 years ago
    Gotcha!! Do you think my chocolate cabinets will be okay with it?? I hope so, or I will have to reprint:(
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Green and brown look good together. It's so hard to really judge the color from my screen, but if it's close to the original one I suggested, it will be fine.
  • 14 years ago
    What kind of knobs do you think I should get? I was thinking like a nickelbrass. Would love your input.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Anthropologie has some really fun ones. If you are still considering orange accents, why not throw a little orange in here...
    Brilliant Blossom Knob · More Info

    or this one is fun, suggested this to another user the other day too. It's cute, kind of preppy...
    Tortoiseshell Swirl Knob · More Info


    What do you think?
  • 14 years ago
    Love it!! So cute!! Love both of them:) thank you!!
  • 14 years ago
    Love orange!! Can't wait to change my sienna accent walls to that tangerine tango!!
  • 14 years ago
    Love the pics!! Can't wait!! Any ideas where I. Can find a bright orange shower curtain for my bathroom??? Thank you so much for the pics, they all are great examples of the beautiful orange color!!!
  • 14 years ago
    Perfect, thank you!!
  • 14 years ago
    Charmean, I am almost done with the Laundry room, can you plase tell me if I can put up these two artwork of kids up in the laundry room. Need your great advise again. Let me know your thoughts.
  • 14 years ago
    Adorable, I wouldn't hesitate!
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you Charmean and Jamiesen!!! I don't know how you guys do it with decorating an entire house, I have trouble with just one room, lol
  • 14 years ago
    Any ideas what to do above the cabinets and also the area where I put the ladder as a shelving ??? I was thinking adding baskets for the ladder shelving , but need just more ideas. I think I put pics up.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I would keep it practical because this is purely a space for utility. Baskets are fine if they serve a purpose, otherwise leave them empty until you think of something that you need to help with laundry. One thing I started using a few years ago is linen spray. I never even heard of linen spray, but then I came across this great brand called Caldrea. They have this wonderful linen spray that is lavender pine scented, it makes the laundry smell so good. I have a small shelf in my laundry room where I keep this product...
    http://www.caldrea.com/
    Post some pictures if you can of these shelves. Charmean
  • 14 years ago
    Here it is!!!! Is it too high??? I think the top frame should maybe come down a bit.
  • 14 years ago
    Here is the Ladder that i am using as shelving!! This wall is not painted yet, I am working on this one.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Looks great, leave it. Very cute!
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks charmean!!! The picture frames look great!! I love it now that its on the wall. Did you get a chance to look at the ladder??? My laundry room is just about done, I am so excited, I will have to order the cabinet knobs that you recommend . Now I can move on to the next room. I saw some of your stuff with the tangerine tango color, I love it, just need to start another room and work with that color. I love orange!!!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The ladder looks fine with the boots, basket and art piece. I would leave a little negative space in case you need to stick something up there. On to the next room...great job!
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you so much for all of your great input!!!
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    I am building a house and have picked a linen/cream beadboard for the cubbies and cabinets in the laundry/mudroom...my floor is a tile but looks like barnboard with greys, tans and a bit of rust i think. Having a hard time with picking a paint color. Any ideas? I will try and upload a photo of the cabinet door and piece of tile