Software
Houzz Logo Print
johndoe98

Lamps

12 years ago
May I ask where the two lamps came from? Can they be purchased? Thank you.
RHOC Interior Design, Kitchen & Gardens | Coto de Caza, CA · More Info

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    They were a fine consignment store find in San Diego which I then had rewired and purchased new shades for. Fabulous aren't they?
  • 11 years ago
    Thank you!!!!!
  • 11 years ago

    Joe, I forgot to add that you should look for the Homco brand, that's often the company that made them. I'm attaching pics of one of my lamps and a third I have that's just the candlestick. I ended up having to redo them today with a longer 2 inch neck because they didn't look right with the hardware that came from Lowes. I'm so happy with these as buffet lamps. ( :


  • 11 years ago
    They are beautiful!
  • 10 years ago

    How do you make lamps out of candlesticks??? That's amazing!!!

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I have made several lamps out of candlesticks, vases, temple jars, foo dogs, interesting vessels, baskets or containers, etc... Most of the time you will need a hole down the center of the object for wiring and mechanics such as with candle sticks. However, unless they screw together in segments it's hard to find a pair that has that type of hollow access.
  • 10 years ago

    Hi Jamie! It is so easy to do if you have the right piece. Like Leanne said above, the object has to have a way to thread the cord through it. I bought the cord and bulb socket at a hardware store and visited a speciality lamp store for brass parts to create a neck on the candlestick. It's a matter of threading the cord through the piece and wrapping wires around the bulb socket. Very, very easy. I'm sure if you Google it you'll find some tutorials. Good luck!

  • 10 years ago

    Did you drill any part of the candlestick? Thanks

  • 10 years ago

    No, didn't have to drill at all. These types of candlesticks are made of hollow parts that screw together.