Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
senditome

Be careful when working with Michael Nash Design and Build

John Hieke
9 years ago
Back in June 2014 we were told that Nash was going to break ground on our home to be remodeled Mid July. They then pushed it to Mid August. Then to Mid September. We are meeting with the customer service rep at the home thinking they are going to start the work. Instead, he has told us that they've changed it to Mid October!

I am quite fed up with these people. If I had the choice of cancelling this contract, I would do it in a heartbeat! Whoever who wants to work with them, MAKE SURE THEY PUT A START DATE OF THE CONSTUCTION ON THE CONTRACT. It may be a joke to them but this is our home and we should be living in it!

Comments (15)

• John Hieke
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Its a remodel - as in remodel to an existing home. I mentioned that in my original post. When we asked Nash to put a start date on the contract, they said they couldn't because they weren't sure when they'd get the permits. That's when they gave us an estimated start date of June.

When we met with them yesterday, we were expecting them to get set up to begin work. Instead, it was one person which we've never met telling us once again that they're going to start five weeks from now.
  • Angel 18432
    9 years ago
    Sorry, you said break ground, so thought it might be a new build.
    Do you have a deposit on the contract? how much
  • PRO
    Decorative Philosophy
    9 years ago
    Try to break the contract and chalk it up to experience.
    Regards,
    Karen & Joseph
    for Decorative Philosophy
  • John Hieke
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    They said it was going to be a six month project so the estimated end date would have been Dec if they stuck to their original plan to start in June.

We were planning to get married after the remodel. When we first signed the contract (around march 2014) we told them of our plans to get married after the remodel and sometime in Oct. When Nash said they were going to start in June, we pushed the wedding date to Dec. Yesterday the Nash rep who visited our home said they needed till May. I found that obsurd.
  • John Hieke
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Correction, the start date in my last two posts should have said July, not June.
  • liz29
    9 years ago
    You need to call the Better Business Bureau and a lawyer and start looking for someone else to do the job call BBB before you hire the next contractor to check em' out.
  • bungalowmo
    9 years ago
    Oh, I'd be calling some kind of legal representative. "They" cannot continue to put your life on hold. What is their reasoning behind the delays?

As mentioned before...have you given them any money yet?

This is the kind of thing I'd give them a chance after the first delay...after second, all niceties are left to the wayside & my inner fighter comes out.

No more Mr. Nice Guy! Otherwise, they'll just keep pushing you aside.
  • Angel 18432
    9 years ago
    I agree, you have been too nice. It's hard to give advice when we don't know
    all the details, but for sure, I would be acting, not reacting.
  • PRO
    FINNE Architects
    9 years ago
    This does not sound like a good way to start a construction project!
  • grobby
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Have you given the contractor any money, if so, get an attorney and try getting your money back. If no money has exchanged hands, fire the contractor. Always remember, when you pay someone, you're are the employer and you can do the firing.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Is this the same Michael Nash Design and Build in Fairfax VA that is listed on Houzz?
  • John Hieke
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Margo, yes this is the same Michael Nash. It is now May 1, 2015 and the the said the completing will be delayed. Last year they pushed the schedule at least three times. This year the completion was estimated for June, then two days ago we were told by the CEO it was delayed to the end of July and just today, we received a letter from the CEO that it was pushed to the second week of August.
  • John Hieke
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Anyone going through issues with Michael Nash remodeling their home please contact me.
  • homegirl12
    4 months ago

Did M Nash ever complete your remodel or did you cancel and get your money back?

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH