Software
Houzz Logo Print
leruef

Outdated fireplace in Family Room.

12 years ago
Updating the family room by changing up the fireplace. I'm told that keeping it is good for resale and when I priced to remove, felt I could do others things with the money. I'm removing the cabinets including the tall closet, which only holds the pool table cover and vacuum. I had to change the French doors to backyard as they broke (that's what started this...). Should I make custom built bookcases on both sides to make fireplace (tv above. To open up the space I'm thinking cabinets on bottom and slim bookcase on top. Also there use to be a bar (plumbing under cabinets & I removed the small refrigerator because I built an outdoor kitchen). Should I keep a bar ( not wet bar) w/maybe small wine refrig and no bookcase? Looking for cabinet maker. I love Thank you

Comments (4)