Software
Houzz Logo Print
janme

Need help with "flat" TV wall

14 years ago
Our style is colorful contemporary in the Florida Keys. While the space works for us, we find the TV wall "flat." Any ideas? Thanks, Jan

Comments (14)

  • 14 years ago
    Elizabeth, Wonderful concept and great ideas for implementing it! Thank you, Janme
  • 14 years ago
    Cabell Design Studio has some really nice ideas. In addition to those you could think about a floating shelf above the TV. I think the same stain as the console would work best. Art work or a collection of some sort could be displayed atop it as suggested by Cabell.

    Traditional Dining Room · More Info


    You do have a beautiful room!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Beautiful layout. Over here at Fratantoni Luxury Estates we would recommend you "Wall Mount" your TV. This would allow you to have more room to put items down where your TV used to be placed while keeping the room professional and elegant. Love what you did with this room! - Vince F.
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks to Floreat and Fratantoni for the compliments and ideas. This is my first time using Houzz and I am so impressed with the responsiveness. We'll get busy transforming our flat wall! Janme
  • 14 years ago
    HI - janme -- Love your style - well done , it speaks of where your from without going overboard. So, concidering your location how about a very long interesting piece of greyed dirftwood .
  • 14 years ago
    I love the coral prints Elizabeth picked out, and also Manon's floating shelf suggestion.
    Here's an idea of what a trio of paintings might look like:
    Tribeca Penthouse Dining Room · More Info

    And here's another configuration of floating shelves over a TV:
    Staging Ideas · More Info
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks Lefty and Feeny. Great ideas and the pictures are really helpful. Janme
  • 11 years ago

    If you decide to keep the TV on the stand, I suggest the rug hung on the far side of the sliders, if it is not too long, to be put above it. I like the idea of something soft looking next to all that shine and hardness of the TV.

  • 11 years ago

    I meant to say, I love all your choices, so far. They are red, print, warm, cozy, comfy and functional - just what I like.

  • 11 years ago

    You might add a frame of texture behind the TV by using black (or other color of your choice) grass cloth inside a frame. Make it similar in size to the large piece of art on the other wall. I'd want it to be wider than the TV but not as wide as the credenza. You can take it to the floor or just low enough to fill in the gap between the bottom of the TV and the top of the credenza.


  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I have this same blank wall! I cannot upload the photo because it is not with me but I tore a page out of Pottery Barn of all things because I loved the idea. They surrounded the TV with identically framed vintage travel posters. I will include an example. It could be anything but they placed 3-4 across top and then one on either side all in identical simple black frames. I can post the photo in a couple weeks. It's from a past catalog. Just an idea
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Here's another idea from a Pottery Barn catalog I just got.
  • 11 years ago
    You would think with flat screen TV's it would be easier to create an interesting TV stand. The first picture is modern, but I like the sleekness of it. The drawback is that you are committed to a TV size if you buy this. A cabinet / woodworker could design something very similar, it's only a box on the wall! The. You could paint it any finish. Ralph Lauren has interesting paint finishes. If you changed TV, just change the box! The other two pictures are light and airy with a bit of movement, very unusual for TV stands. Hope these inspire. Lovely room.