Software
Houzz Logo Print
michella1616

Counters

11 years ago
What is the thickness of the marble counters?
Harbor Point · More Info

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    2 1/4" thick with a book matched mitered edge
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    isn't it a problem to use real marble in a kitchen? or is this a quartz product?
  • 11 years ago
    I was recommended to use quartz.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Gorgeous vein match throughout, by the way. Fabricator knows what he/she's doing.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thank you Ontra Stone, that's what I thought, I thought maybe there was a new great sealer out there....(Didn't have much luck with the one a few years ago..) the stone in the pic is beautiful and nicely fabricated for sure. Think well stay with the quartz we've been using in the kitchens.
  • 11 years ago
    I too wanted white Carrera marble counter tops. My kitchen designer insisted I look at White Carrera Marble laminate. Initially I refused to even look at it as I had visions in my head of the "50's" version of laminate. Boy was I wrong!
    My Carrera laminate looks stunning! Is easy to clean, shiny, and cost well under $500.00 for the entire kitchen. Throwing this out as an option for those who want the look but have concerns about the marble along with its cost..
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Olivias, are you saying it is a laminate not a stone? I'd love to see a picture of your kitchen.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Yes I have laminate, not stone. I will post a picture when the job is complete. Actual white marble is so beautiful but can be a disaster in a kitchen that is used, a lot, every day. I am very happy with the "faux" marble. Got the look and a maintainable product for a ridiculously low price.
  • 11 years ago
    Love the white white cabinets but some say they yellow after a few years. Can you comment on this?
  • 11 years ago
    How deep is your bar countertop?
  • PRO
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    dwayne60: Yes, white painted cabinets can yellow over time. 65% of what we design and install are white painted kitchens and the manufacturer we work with guarantees the finish not to color change. We've worked with Wood.Mode and Brookhaven cabinetry since 1986 and that is one of the many reasons why we do.


  • 10 years ago

    Where can I find the stools?

  • 9 years ago

    I will be using this Wood Mode Brookhaven for my kitchen cabinets and want to know if instead of the Nordic white, should I bother to custom color the cabinets to Benjamin Moore Super White. Will it be much different that the Nordic White.

  • 6 years ago

    I have had Brookhaven cabinets in my bathroom for 5 years and they are still pristine. I absolutely LOVE them!

  • 3 years ago

    What is the counter top, brand and style? They are beautiful!