Software
Houzz Logo Print
sharon99s

Front door problem

11 years ago
I need help with front door,storm door,design and color.I have been going back and forth with this for 2 years.I am open to any suggestions.

Comments (15)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Obviously, you need a more modern looking door to go with your lovely railings. I think the chair should be taken away as well. You are off to a great start. I don't know what is available, but if you get a new storm door, get one without a grill or panes. It will look more modern and show off whatever door you get, better.

    Are the two awnings the same color? I actually like your window awning, it looks more modern than most.

    As far as color, you house really lends itself to almost anything. There is a shade of almost any color that could work for you. Do you have any preferences?
  • 11 years ago
    Yes handyman,I am thinking more modern but don't want to go to far,I am fully decided on full storm.The awnings are same color they have an undertone of gray in them.And that is a problem for me,at one point I wanted some type of modern blue,green color with a gray undertone,then I looked at fiberglass wood stained doors but the colors offered are throwing me for a loop,I was hoping for a stain color that was on the yellowish side but cant find one that they offer.If I did decide on a stain color I couldn't figure out the storm door color.ugh And let's not forget the door style,I've thought of 3/4 view,two 3/4 glass panels,on to the more modern with 3 square windows or the type with 1 thin vertical,or several horizontal windows.Thats why I'm at the 2 year marker with my old door.
  • 11 years ago
    The awnings are a beige e light brownish with gray undertones.
  • 11 years ago
    Okay, I see that now.

    I think choosing the doors first will help you decide on a color for them though.
  • 11 years ago
    But it is a big decision...
  • 11 years ago
    also, some storm doors can be painted -- either way works, but it's an interesting option. would consider a slightly brighter shade of your chosen color when it's behind glass...

    My Houzz: Cheery and Breezy Pittsburgh Home · More Info

    Traditional colonial exterior · More Info

    Cape Cod built with vinyl siding · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks acm, I see what your saying if I go with a colored door
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Love the ideas provided by acm! You're lucky to have an entrance with such potential. Having a sleek glass storm door will not only showcase whatever front door you choose, but can also modernize your home.
    How do you feel about the idea of a bold colour on your front door?
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks CA, I like different but the bold bright colors scare me . I'm trying to keep my neighbors in mind also.i don't want to stick out like a sore thumb but would like something a little unique,different.
  • 11 years ago
    What a cute house! If you're worried about sticking out with a bold door color, you can always go with a more muted/deep version. I love the idea of an aubergine or dusty navy to contrast with your orangey brick.

    Guest House · More Info

    Marielle · More Info

    Charlton Ave Residence · More Info

    Navy Blue Front Door · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    Black. Your home is beautiful!
    sharon99s thanked halfpint2
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, as someone suggested a storm door without the grid in it would be nice. Your door is period to the home so I think I would just paint it to make it stand out a little more.
    sharon99s thanked Dar Eckert
  • 11 years ago
    Definitely the storm door goes,the one in pic is on it's last leg,my problem is color or wood stain color,style and storm door color if I go with a wood stain on fiberglass.
  • 11 years ago
    Honestly, you have a wood door now, and it looks a bit blah. I would go for a color.