Software
Houzz Logo Print
an2114

Remodeled 1950s kitchen

11 years ago
We had a 1958 kitchen with a late 80s update. Highlights:
--removed the upper cabinets that separated the kitchen from the living area
--replaced all cabinets and appliances and slightly rearranged the layout.
--centered the sink under the window and moved the dishwasher to the peninsula
--removed the cooktop in the peninsula and the wall oven on the back wall, replacing with a slide-in range on the back wall. This frees up the peninsula for prep work and serving and creates a safer seating area.
--built cabinets surrounding the fridge (microwave is in this cabinet)
--upgraded our single pocket door between kitchen and dining room to a double pocket door.
--In the adjacent laundry, we added a sink and put new doors on the existing wood cabinets.

The renovation took about six weeks. We are very happy with the results!!

Comments (17)

  • 11 years ago
    Looks Awesome! I just bought a home and chose white cabinets and similar flooring too.
    an2114 thanked aran04
  • 11 years ago
    Is that an induction cooktop?
  • 11 years ago
    Wonderful job!
    an2114 thanked Jeanette Conner
  • 11 years ago
    Well done! Getting estimates for our kitchen. What did yours run?
  • 11 years ago
    Excellent job
  • 11 years ago
    I don't know who I contact from this site, but I cannot see any photos when I click on it, just the posts. I have un installed and reinstalled several times.
  • 11 years ago
    Excellent choice for the modifications!
    an2114 thanked Terry
  • 11 years ago
    Love the floors could you please disclose, type, brand and color?
    an2114 thanked krismull
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    now it looks better..
    an2114 thanked Haritos Haritou
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks for all of the compliments! Floors are natural red oak, no stain, with Osmo hardwood floor wax.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Very nice renovation. The peninsula looks very nice.
    an2114 thanked Billiard Factory
  • 11 years ago
    Holy Cow Pies ... That is a huge redo..... WTG
  • 11 years ago
    Very nice!
  • 11 years ago
    What a dramatic difference, really opened up the space. Awesome job! Enjoy it and have a great new year! :)
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    That looks great... so much more open and brighter!
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Quite the change!