Software
Houzz Logo Print
helkech

Help getting light fixtures that work for my dinning/hall room

11 years ago
Hello! We recently moved into a rented apartment and the dinning room has no ceiling lights, yet. The reason is because the wires for the lights are right in the central point of the ceiling but my dining table cannot be in the middle of the room. And because it is a rented apartment, I cannot move the electric wires or make holes in the ceiling... There are though, wall lightning over the counter but they do not give enough light to the entire room. I want to know if it would be too odd having the light fixtures in the center of the room but not above the dinning table. I would love to have a chandelier but I am not sure it will work. I must say a simple ceiling light completely attached to the ceiling is not appealing to me. I have pictures of the room here. There is an old IKEA lamp we put in a corner just so we can see what we eat while I don't come up with a solution! Hope you guys can help :-)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida