Software
Houzz Logo Print
trishahunt79

Dining room help. Dining corner

11 years ago
We have a very small house. I'm looking to use this space. I want the family to be able to sit and eat. I do have the fourth matching chair, my son just prefers his bench. :) The walls both measure 75 inches out from the corner. The chandelier is not centeted in that space. And the cabinet houses our office supplies. The lamp on the cabinet is needed for extra light in that space. Help please. not looking to spend tons bc my husband is unemployed. pictures are appreciated. Tia

Comments (14)

  • 11 years ago
    Like the table and chairs! Is it possible to change table so it goes the other way?

    Questions....

    What are the major things that you'd like to change in this space? What would make you happy in the space?What is your budget?
  • 11 years ago
    I would put cafe style seating in that area, with built-ins for the seating (to store supplies as well). Also, limiting the items on the wall would open the space up more. If set on this table and chairs, I would remove the middle piece to match the small corner, and move the cabinet elsewhere.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, I agree I would like a dresser or whatnot to store the office stuff. But things are too big that im finding. Too big for the space or if I do find something small, its too small for the stuff. I would love to do build ins. For seating and storage in the corner. But then again...money. lol. I wonder just how expensive it would be though......
  • 11 years ago
    I'm not sure how handy you or your hubby are, but something like this could be made if you found some second hand drawers. Storage and seating in one.
    http://houzz.com/photos/2836521
  • 11 years ago
    You better not to use a round or round like( multi angle) table in a corner.
    I would make a build in bench in the corner, a rectangle table, a couple a chairs in the long side and a chair in the end of it.
    Good luck
  • 11 years ago
    I like the idea of a built-in, but a bistro height table and chairs would work well and could be an inexpensive solution, perhaps for the short term. I suggest a small console unit with cabinet doors instead of an official buffet, although there are some well-priced smaller buffets, as well. You can often find great stuff via the discount home decor sites. And I agree that simplifying what is on the walls will help streamline the space, as well.
  • 11 years ago
    Apologies- I meant pub height. See my Dining Room Ideas ideabook for some pics.
  • 11 years ago
    I would put table in corner & turn table, until you decide more. That is a very cute table.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes. A dresser to also serve as a buffet. IKEA has excellent chairs for as low at $10. Different colors to cheer the place up. Also, unclutter the walls.
  • 11 years ago
    I don't know what advice you want. We don't even know how large your family is -- i.e., how many people need to be able to sit there. :(

    Would be tempted to get a drop-side table that can thus be folded up smaller when youre not sitting there (or when just two are grabbing a meal) but opened up for more when desired. That wouldn't get you more storage, but it would make the space feel a lot less crowded when you're passing through or cooking in there...

    Otherwise, storage bench would be brilliant. As for chandelier, should be easy to get it hanging over the table with a simple hook on the ceiling (and loop the chain). Cheap.
  • 11 years ago
    Here is a chair. Pull the table out also.
  • 11 years ago
    A corner bench seat and a couple of chairs with a pedestal or trestle table for easy access in and out of the bench seating. Is your husband handy? You might sell your table and chairs on Craig's List and make enough $$ to buy supplies for the bench project and then find a 2nd hand table to use.