Software
Houzz Logo Print
frdxon23s

Need help with dining room for ideas and rug size/color

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
1) Size of the rug -- Was measuring out for a area rug either 8" spacing which is 9x12 or 18" spacing gives me a odd 7.5x11.

2) Color of the rug - I want to break the dull color out but still stay in the color scheme if anyone has any ideas that would be awesome

3) As well was wondering what you guys think would really make the room shine. I am adding the sconces sitting on the floor next to the painting and raising that up a little.

Any help is mucho appreciated! =)

Comments (12)

  • 11 years ago
    I think you might combine #2 and 3 -- maybe put something unexpected but luxurious, like an oriental rug with lots of your current colors plus some accents (ruby or emerald, say) in a dense pattern. Otherwise, not sure what you mean by "pop" here, since there's already quite a bit of drama...
    Jason Gendler thanked acm
  • 11 years ago
    That seems like a great idea I actually have only been able to find the off size I think I'll need for the spacing with the oriental type rugs. I just meant like many of the rooms you see on the site they just seem to have such a completed look.
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Grover! You changed your doggy pic!

    I also agree with your size recommendations.
    Found this gem a couple weeks ago at a downtown antique shop. Exactly what I wanted...mine was way too small too.

    Don't mind my paint can door stops! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect cast iron "thing" to hold it open. Those springs are extremely strong!!
    Jason Gendler thanked bungalowmo
  • 11 years ago
    Looks like you're going for a Spanish colonial look. Don't be afraid to venture out of your color scheme. You might try something that looks like Moorish tile.
    Jason Gendler thanked groveraxle
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, I did Bungalowmo. Grover looks sweet there, doesn't he? It's his last pic. He got his wings the Monday before Christmas. We miss him, but this photo reminds me what a great 8 years we had. ;-)
  • 11 years ago
    Awww...I'm so sorry to hear that. :0( Our furbabies sure do leave a big pawprint on our hearts & a big void when they're gone.

    That is a very sweet pic...one of many, I could only guess.
    Run free at the Bridge little guy! {{hugs}}
  • 11 years ago
    @Bungalowmo - Awesome find on that rug Thanks for the great info on the chair placement. @Groveraxle I am sorry to hear about your dog Grover never a good time for the family. I must ask how were you editing those pics to show the rugs in place? I am pretty proficient with a few of the adobe programs I've never seen that done I love what you did there!
  • 11 years ago
    I got somewhat farther along I'd love to know how you put the rug in place like that it looks awesome. I tried paste into place but it doesn't seem to line up like yours =X Any help I would love to acquire this fun skill
  • 11 years ago
    Finally got a rug!
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Wow, this just now showed up in my feed. Sorry you didn't get the answer sooner, Jason. I simply Photoshopped the rug in your space. The one you pasted looks just as good as mine. Well, except that the rug itself is boring. ;-)
  • 11 years ago
    Now for a comment about the rug you bought. It's the perfect size, it looks good, though I would have gone a bit cooler in tone. But you've got a nice, classy, monochromatic look going here.