Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (29)

  • 14 years ago
    I love the built-in bookshelves and parquet flooring of the Brooklyn Classic Six — plus it has an awesome midcentury modern vibe.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Country House just feels special. Also love the midcentury goodness of Brooklyn Classic Six.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    In the end I selected the country house, I just can't resist that fireplace! I want to sit in front of it, but loved the color theory in the Historic Estate, too!
  • 14 years ago
    This was a hard one. I loved something about every room, but didn't necessarily see myself in most of them. SOme were so elegant, I wondered if anyone would feel comfortable to sit down. And I thought about what to do in a living room, with or without guests. So I opted for Brooklyn. Lots to do in that room!
  • 14 years ago
    The Small Space Residence is the one I could most easily imagine myself in with my husband and a few friends, practicing our guitars, or just myself relaxing with a good book. Really like the two-tone curtains and the large windows.
  • 14 years ago
    All beautiful rooms, but the Brooklyn just looks like you could sit right down, grab a good book and put your feet up on the coffee table. Comfy & not a Showroom, I like that!
  • 14 years ago
    The Brooklyn Classic Six has everything I would want...bookshelves, storage, Tv, with some mid-century mod.
  • 14 years ago
    Love the architectural details of the historic estate, but my favorite is the country house.
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    All the room have something beautiful but in the end I went for the City Chic, Singapore - Design Intervention, reason being, lots more space, more flexibility and choice. I love the carpet and fans too.

    I like the Chandelier, sofa designs and wall colour of first ( pic looks grumpy though haha (J/K),

    Brookland, for it thought of having a TV and library but more of a family room perhaps than a living room where you would have guests too if I am right? But very comfy!

    The Lake street one, I love the table but the room is a bit too neutral for me.

    The red one, very warm but would downsize the wall pic just a bit, I would be very comfortable in here but use it as family room.

    The Country one is beautiful, I love the closeness of chairs-conversation area but bit too formal for me.

    The Small Space Residence, definitely love the curtains and blue sofa, and the white walls are all very nice. I would love to have the curtains and blue sofa of these in the first picture-so all have beautiful features :)

    This was a tough one!
  • 14 years ago
    It was tough, I think there is only one I didn't care for. I choose Strong Reds because I love it when there's a huge painting, so beautiful and dramatic! Oh, and I hope Genevieve and Vern don't see these, in the ones with fireplaces not one has the couch facing the fireplace!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Hard choice - I really liked the Strong Reds but in the end chose the Brooklyn because it was the one I just felt like I could "live" in.
  • 14 years ago
    I love the Historic Estate. Though it is clearly stately, the bold colors and patterns give it an energetic and more livable feel. Plus, I love orange. The trellis rug is beautiful and the use of the Lucite cubes for a coffee table doesn't get in the way of the pattern. The Country House is beautiful, but I don't feel like I could get comfortable in that room. I also really like the Small Space Residence. Those blues are gorgeous and I love how the curtains go to the ceiling and wrap around the corner, plus it is a very attractive use of a screen. Nicely done. I also love the oversize art in the Strong Reds room and the lines of the coffee table. I'd take any of those rooms!
  • 14 years ago
    I voted for Strong Reds, one reason being that Country House is too much like my own living room. I'm just ready for a new look, I guess, because CH is a beautiful room.
  • 14 years ago
    sorry, i couldn't live in any of them. they all look uncomfortable and impractical.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I'm totally loving the Historic Estate - Favreau Design room because of the suzani sofas and that orange and cream rug, my current rug-crush!
  • 14 years ago
    simple, clean lines, clearly comfortable..... but would like to see a little punch of color. It's a bit too monochromatic.
  • 14 years ago
    CH was the only one that seemed close to my own desires.
  • 14 years ago
    Appreciate the comfortable / eclectic & slightly modern edge / somewhat organic mixture of the country house living room.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Wow all of these rooms are lovely but I have to vote for the Small Space Residence for a few reasons. First the space seems very intimate and comfortable, and second because of how tailored to the person/s it looks. The room is very unique and really gives you an idea of the kind of person who lives there.
  • 14 years ago
    I know these are all done by talented designers, but everything was so WHITE. I know light and bright is the new trend, but I guess I need some weight in my livingroom and rich color. I voted for the country room because it was cozy. I didn't get 'cozy' from any of the other rooms.
  • 14 years ago
    I have two favorites.
    Historic Estate because of the unusual fabric choices (and the dog). To my conservative eye, this is a quirky room and lots of fun. This looks like a room to sit back and have a creative conversation in.
    My other favorite was Strong Reds. This is my kind of eclectic. Love the curves in the coffee table and the huge abstract over the sofa. The end tables & lamps remind me of mid-century modern, the coffee table contemporary, and soft furnishings are traditional. Neutral back drop with easily changed punches of color. In your face wonderful.
    faireden re: Vern & Genevieve. You made me smile.
  • 14 years ago
    I liked the symmetry and soft colors of the country home. It looked so peaceful, perfect for visiting with a friend or two, or reading, or sitting with my husband on a chilly night in front of the fireplace.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    They aren't really my style; however the Lake Street Living Room is my favorite.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Strong Reds. Contemporary AND Comfortable, what's not to like?
  • 14 years ago
    You're right----love the reds, but not a fan of contemporary unfortunately. I need something that feels like a hug!
  • 14 years ago
    Love the warmth f the Brookklyn- books etc...seems like a useful room and i'm a pragmatic girl...makes it cozy. On the other hand, also found the Strong reds attractive (in that I could live with it)- especially the scale of the art to the room and the coffee table lines. Matchy lamps..not so much.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I really like the small space residence. The unique window treatment creates a niche for the sofa and the screen serves as an interesting and functional background for the chair.
  • 12 years ago
    Country house was just harmonious, not pretentiously trying to be trendy or unique. It was just well-done and elegant.