Software
Houzz Logo Print
traciel

Linen closet placement

14 years ago
From a design standpoint, when do you attach linen closet to vanity verses placing beside freestanding wall
Greenview Private Residence · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 14 years ago
    I'm guessing you're asking if you should remove the wall between the vanity and the closet in this room (?)..If so, are you asking if there's an esthetic rule of design regarding this situation?
  • 14 years ago
    Sort of. I noticed this photo while researching linen closets.

    In my own master bath, I have a large open space along one wall. 6 linear feet will be shower and 11 linear feet remain. I thought about placing a vanity and linen closet in this remaining space. I noticed that some designers separate the linen closet with a wall and others just attach the linen closet to the vanity cabinetry. Since I am not constrained by space, I was curious on why some people add the wall separation.
  • 14 years ago
    TAke down the wall and add glass brick.
  • 14 years ago
    Where is the linen closets and vanity from
  • 14 years ago
    The wall in between makes it look like they originally had a regular old fashion closet there at one time. Without the wall is preferable.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Treat your long wall as for a kitchen, so each part is lined up, no wall in between.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    This way it looks better as the Architect has defined the linen closet otherwise it would have been unending .
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    Defined spaces always look better in my opinion. This looks great the way it is separated.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    If you had two linen cabinets flanking each side of the vanity, and have the vanity recessed a few inches behind the two linen cabinets, it may work, but this is the only way I would connect to a linen cabinet.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    As is is fine! Only suggestion might be to either carry the cabinet to the ceiling or drop the ceiling to the top of the cabinet. The space above the cabinet looks a bit "empty", but I understand that the existing ceiling is what it is.
Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Remodeling Company in New Albany, Ohio