Software
Houzz Logo Print
littlewhitehouses

What type of siding is used here? Your house is a masterpiece, sight lines & flow beautiful in & out!.

14 years ago
Modern Farm House · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 13 years ago
    The siding is white corrugated metal sheets
  • 13 years ago
    Was this material chosen for aesthetic purposes, or a cost effective measure? Thank you -- stunning design!
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Beautiful clean lines. I don't see any gutters though, may I ask how you handled runoff?
  • 12 years ago
    The material was chosen for aesthetics, durability and cost . . . , as far as gutters go, they are a bit of a problem in Vermont because the snow falling off of the roof in the winter can ruin gutters in no time. So we often don't use them when we have metal roofs.
  • 12 years ago
    I can definitely see that being an issue, although I've heard placing them low enough will avoid the snow...no personal experience. I often see metal roofs with no gutters, but usually on designs where I wonder if they have simply forgotten. This design is obviously well thought out so I especially appreciate your response, as I recognize your attention to detail. I would still be concerned about erosion(although I recognize the pad around the home in this photo) and water splashing against the home. Any thoughts?
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, is the color of the marvin window called cadet gray? thanks.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Lee. Would you mind sharing what profile that cladding is? 7/8" corrugated? It looks quite high / pronounced. Nice profile. What do you call it? Thanks for your time.