cosmo_kramer

HFGH Longevity

cosmo_kramer

I'm looking at the 10x12 and was just wondering how long some of you have owned yours. I plan on doing the mods that I have found on the forum to make it more sturdy, but I'm just curious how long the panels last. I don't think it's that great of a deal if I have to replace them every 3 or 4 years.

• buyorsell888

My 6 x 8 is going on 4 years with no problems. I was late to the HFGH party though and think there are others here that have had them much longer.

• funnylady

Have had my 6X8 for almost 7 yrs. No problems. I have 2- 10X12's. One is about 5yrs old and the other is about 2 or 3 yrs old. No problems. The 2 10X12's are hooked together back to back to make one . Have doors on both ends that way. don't have to walk all the way around them to get to the other 2 greenhouse that I have. Yes I'm GH happy but at lease I'm happy.

• cosmo_kramer

Thanks for the input. Do yall have them in full sun all day, or are they shaded?

• funnylady

Well if Florida sun isn't hot and destroys thing, I don't know what does. I have 50% Aluminet over the top. I take out 8 side panels in the summer and put in the aluminet screens that I made. It really helps with the heat in the summer.

• C Schaffner

I have had mine for 4 years. I have mine in full sun covered in shade cloth. I keep orchids in it and plumerias are stored in the winter. I have had no problems yet.